Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Week One of PiYo in Review...

 
This week I have been on an adventure during my workout time each day!  I have NEVER done anything quite like PiYo!  Top benefits include the fact that I am already becoming more flexible.  This is something that shows up throughout each and every day in the life of a mom!  Have you ever bent down to pick up something and felt as though you were going to tip?  Well, sometimes I do tip!  Especially if one of my kids comes along and decides that this is the perfect time to climb on top of me.  :)  I am already experiencing an improvement in my balance.  Due to the moves within the PiYo routines I am strengthening my core and this has a ripple effect that makes the tasks and movement of every day life that much easier.  Seriously. I am liking this!  I am one week into PiYo.  I am leading a challenge group that begins with "Day One" on July 7th.  I will continue to preview each of the workouts and will complete them as we prepare to officially begin together on Monday!  Would you like to join us? 

I began with PiYo last Thursday and have now completed four of the nine workouts that are included within this program.  In addition to this, I began with the instructional "Align: The Fundamentals".  PiYo includes a 60 Day calendar which provides direction on how to create your workout schedule.  After "Align", I began with "Define: Lower Body" and then "Define: Upper Body".  Next was "Sweat".  Then it was time to repeat each of these workouts before moving on to "Core" earlier this morning.  Upcoming workouts include "Buns", "Strength Intervals", "Drench", "Sculpt" plus a bonus "TurboFire Low HIIT 20".   

Many people are curious about this new program and are asking me "how is it"??  So, I decided to make a video to describe my experience during week one!  Check out my  First Week of PiYo Video on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment