Thursday, July 31, 2014

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Set aside your pre-conceived notions on this one!  We had roasted brussel sprouts with our dinner a couple of times this week.  My husband had left-overs in his lunch the other day and surprised me by saying that the roasted sprouts were even better cold!  Really?  I will have to try that one for myself!  My five year old son is all about anything that I am prepping.  So he snagged three sprouts this afternoon and gleefully ate them raw.  Oh my!  The kids did not love them at dinner this evening.  They had helped with the prep and became a bit overly-enthusiastic with the pepper grinder.  Oops!  The flavor was fine for us adults.  What really made these taste quite good was the dousing of fresh lemon juice just after they came out of the oven.  I know, I know.  Fresh lemon juice is my go-to accent around here.  It really does a lot for a variety of dishes and there is nothing negative about using it!  

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Preheat oven to 375

Place your brussel sprouts on a baking sheet.  I love my Stoneware from Pampered Chef!
Slice each sprout in half.
Mist with olive oil.
Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.  Use a spatula to gently turn and toss your sprouts.  Place them back in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes, cooking until lightly browned.  

Juice two lemons and pour the juice over your sprouts.  Allow them to soak for a couple of minutes and then serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment