Thursday, July 10, 2014

Refresh Veggie Recipe

3-Day Refresh
I have just completed Day Two of the 3-Day Refresh.  The veggie medley pictured above was part of our dinner last night.  This recipe comes straight from the 3-Day Refresh guide.  I tripled the recipe to have a serving for myself, one for my husband and one to split between our kids who are ages five and seven.  My kids really, really liked this one!  They are generally good veggie eaters but I do not recall ever hearing "Mom, I love your cauliflower!" until last night.  This one is a WINNER!!  I will be making it regularly.

Coconut Steamed Veggies
* I tripled this recipe for our family

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup fresh green beans
1/2 cup sliced fresh carrot
1/2 cup chopped fresh cauliflower
1/2 tsp. coconut oil
1/4 tsp. sea salt

1) Add water to medium saucepan, bring to a boil.
2) Add veggies, cover and cook 4-5 minutes or until tender-crisp. *I reduced the heat to medium at this point.
3) To serve, add coconut oil and salt and toss gently to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment