Friday, July 11, 2014

3-Day Refresh Overview and Results

 
This week I did something that I have never done before!  A cleanse!!  And from what I have heard from others who are experienced with the world of cleansing, the 3-Day Refresh is a great place to begin.  You may be wondering how you would ever have "time to set aside" for something like this?  Good news!  It is totally possible to do this right in the midst of everyday life!  Thinking back over the past three days, we had morning, afternoon and evening activities each of the three days!  This was quite a busy week, actually.  I was anxious to start Refresh myself and become familiar with the program in anticipation of helping my challengers through it themselves.  That meant that I needed to do it first, so I just jumped right in and it was completely fine.  :)  This is something that is approachable in "real life".  I can help you with that!  



I am very happy with this entire experience and will plan to do the program again in a couple of months.  I am thinking about how September 16, 2015 will be my one year anniversary of this lifestyle change to clean eating, Shakeology and daily workouts.  I plan to do the 3-Day Refresh again sometime during the week leading up to that date.  Refresh is a great way to really make some measurable progress in a short amount of time WHILE breaking bad habits.  Your body is getting exactly what it needs and you can just tell your mind "No, no no!  We are not having a snack.  We do not need a snack right now.  Time to drink some water, grab a piece of gum or make a cup of herbal tea!"  For me, the 3-Day Refresh did the trick.  My biggest takeaway is that I CAN do this.  I have been eating clean for nearly 10 months now but have gotten into the habit of grabbing extra handfuls here and there.  Raw almonds, sunflower seeds, unsweetened banana chips, wild rice sticks... all good things but they still need to be eaten in moderation!  AND many of these extra handfuls were taking place in the evenings... who can relate??  I wanted to show myself that I could move past these tendencies!  I did it!  :)  I just made a YouTube video this morning to share about my 3-Day Refresh Overview and ResultsCheck it out!  This is me at 6:30 in the morning after just having completed the Refresh.  I am feeling great!  I lost five pounds and that is a nice boost!  I measured my waist and hips and am excited to have lost three inches between those two areas. 

What Does Each Refresh Day Look Like?

Upon Waking ~ Drink 8-12 Ounces of Water

Breakfast (within an hour of waking) ~ Shakeology plus a Fruit Option

Mid-Morning ~ Fiber Sweep (digestive health drink)

Lunch ~ Vanilla Fresh (high-protein, hunger-satisfying shake), plus Options from the Fruit, Vegetable and Healthy Fats List

Afternoon Snack ~ Vegetable, Healthy Fat or Juice Options List

Dinner ~ Vanilla Fresh plus a delicious meal made from the Dinner Recipes List
* Check out this Dinner Recipe Example: Coconut Steamed Veggies.  My entire family likes this one!

You also have the option of adding an herbal/decaf tea morning, afternoon and evening.  I had four cups of tea over the three day period and that was a nice option to have.  

With the Refresh you want to drink plenty of water!  I was more aware than ever of my water intake.  I was surprised to find that I was comfortably drinking more than a gallon each day.

What is Shakeology and how about the "Fiber Sweep" and "Vanilla Fresh"?

Shakeology - You are drinking Shakeology for your breakfast each day. Shakeology is a nutritionally dense shake (not a protein shake) that will provide you with energy, curb your cravings, help with regulation, and aide in weight loss. It is loaded with vitamins/minerals and 70+ Super Foods. You are allowed to mix is with water, a serving of fruit (optional), and any of the guilt-free flavorings (optional).

Fiber Sweep - The mid-morning snack throughout the 3 days is called Fiber Sweep.  It is a blend of soluble and insoluble fibers and is meant to gently and naturally eliminate waste from your digestive system.  It is created from whole-ground flax, chia, and psyllium seed husks.  Psyllium can help naturally lower cholesterol, support healthy blood sugar levels, and may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Flax and chia are sources of healthy omega-3 fatty acids.

Vanilla Fresh - For lunch and dinner (along with fruits and vegetables) you blend a Vanilla Fresh shake. This is a high-protein shake that not only helps satisfy your hunger throughout the refresh, but it delivers the essential nutrition your body needs for healthy weight loss.  It is also an excellent source of fiber.  It is both dairy and soy-free. A few facts about Vanilla Fresh include: 20 grams of wholesome plant protein to maintain lean muscle, 22 essential vitamins and minerals, probiotics to help promote digestive and immune health, clinically tested potato protein extract to help curb hunger, and NO artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, or sweeteners. 



2 comments:

  1. Great! Sounds doable. Thx for all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! So much of the Refresh is a "mental" thing and it is totally worth it! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete