Monday, July 7, 2014

Banana Almond Oatmeal Smoothie


Oh my!  This is one decadent recipe!  Although the ingredients are reminiscent of breakfast, this can also be enjoyed as a dessert.  :)  Earlier this morning I received a message from a friend who is also a participant in my PiYo Challenge Group.  She shared a smoothie recipe and right away I knew it looked like something that I would enjoy.  My seven year old daughter was standing next to me and I mentioned it to her.  She wanted me to "please make it right now"!  Well, we did not have any bananas ready and frozen earlier this morning.  So we peeled and sliced up a couple and placed them in the freezer.  I let my daughter know that we could enjoy this recipe for dessert later on this evening.  I took my friend's recipe and tweaked it a bit to match what we had on hand.  MAJOR hit with my family!!!!  My version is the one included in the photo at the top of this blog entry.  I typically do not eat any fruit beyond mid-afternoon.  I like to keep those sugars (natural as they are!) entering my system earlier in the day.  Carbs would also not typically be part of my evening snack.  Knowing that we wanted to make these smoothies tonight, I planned ahead and dinner was a steak salad with no carbs.  So for a special treat (and it WAS a treat!!), this worked out perfectly.  My family is hoping that I will make this again sometime soon.  I hope that you enjoy this one as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment