Sunday, July 13, 2014

Clean Berry Crisp


Hello!  Thanks for stopping by to check out this recipe.  This one is brand-new and I just put it together for the first time here at home earlier this evening.  We are LOVING the fresh berries that are available during this time of the year.  Every once in a while I do still feel like baking something!  I used to bake quite often.  Back in those days my crisp topping still contained oatmeal like it does today but there were also some hefty amounts of butter and sugar!  We do still use butter here but in great moderation.  We no longer bake with regular white sugar or good old brown sugar.  In the past 10 months since making the switch to clean eating, I have made two recipes (one time each!) with organic cane sugar.  But for the most part we do all of our sweetening with raw honey and pure maple syrup.

Clean Berry Crisp
    * Makes 3-4 Servings

3.5 Cups of Berries (I had 3 cups of raspberries and 1/2 cup of blueberries this evening)
1.5 Cups of Quick Oats (You could use old-fashioned)
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons of Raw Honey

Place berries in the bottom of a 1 Quart baking dish.  I used my Pampered Chef Stoneware and did not need to prepare the surface in any way.

Combine your oats and cinnamon.  Stir in the coconut oil.  Our kitchen was warm enough today that although the coconut oil appeared to be somewhat solid in the container, it quickly "melted" into a easy-to-mix consistency once I began stirring it into the oats.  Soften your raw honey in the microwave until it becomes a liquid.  Add this honey to your other ingredients and combine thoroughly.

Sprinkle your topping over the berries.

Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes.

Serve warm and enjoy!!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment