Thursday, July 24, 2014

Coaching as a Real Business??



Mornings are a busy and exciting time here in my business! I also spend some time most evenings working on a few details that relate to my coaching business.  Here and there I manage to squeeze in 30 minutes during the afternoon.  I have been working on being "fully present" with whatever I am doing.  My children are age 5 and 7 and I am a homeschooling mom.  This keeps me busy!  I really, really enjoy having the outlet of my own business.  It is a bonus to be able to do whatever I like with it!

I have had several questions lately on "how" this all works and "what exactly do you do" as a coach? I earn commission from my personal sales and then work daily to support my customers as they take steps towards their own goals. I encourage my team and spend time with my down-line coaches on how to make the most of their business. It really is a team thing and we challenge one another with new ideas. There are team bonuses that relate to the success of our team.

I enjoy being able to work from home!! This is a "real business" and you can take it in whichever direction best suits you! We will have a coaching apprentice program beginning in early August. Let me know if this might be a fit for you??

Here is a snapshot of what I was up to one morning earlier this week...

1) I am in the midst of several challenge groups and am posting regularly there. I also provide individual support to those in the groups! Current groups include:

SUMMER Challenge: A general group where we have a variety of workouts going. I am sharing this group with Coach Molly Avondet who is a member of my team. We take turns posting there and both of us have customers in that group.

PiYo Challenge: We are on Day 15 of 60 there and everyone in that group is doing PiYo together!! I am really enjoying that group and it feels like home right now as I am also in the midst of the PiYo program myself!

Refresh Your Summer: Today is DAY ONE in this 30 Day Clean eating group. I will be rotating daily coach posts with Molly and also Amy Mauk who is another coach on our team. We each have customers in that group and are so excited to see what the next 30 days will hold for them!

Summer SIZZLE: This group is in preseason this week and kicks off with Day One on Monday the 28th. Kara Simpkins is a coach on my team and she is leading preseason week there.  Molly and I also have some customers there and the three of us will be leading this group together!

2) I am a member of several groups that relate to my team. We have a smaller team page where my sister Rachel Fledderman and I communicate with the coaches on our teams. There are a dozen or so of us there. I am also part of large team group that Melanie Mitro leads. There are currently 1,948 of us there! A place that helps me to see the next phase and the bigger picture is "Melanie's Rising Stars", which is our Diamond and Above group for our team. These groups are all on-going and are an excellent resource with lots of ideas. They are also a great place to get to know other coaches. I am meeting some fantastic people through Team Beachbody!!

3) I am a participant in a couple of training/mentorship groups that Melanie is leading. This is where I set goals and make plans and contemplate which direction to take with my own business. The support is unlimited and it is great to connect with others who are at a similar place in their business. I love the "team" environment and really enjoy hearing from others as we encourage one another to move forward together!

4) I enjoy plugging in personally with my own workouts here at home, making new recipes, blogging about my everyday life and keeping a feel for how this lifestyle has a ripple effect. It is great to be continually learning and growing myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment