Sunday, July 20, 2014

Starting PiYo Week Three


PiYo Schedule, PiYo Week Three

Good morning!  I am about to begin Week Three of PiYo!  It is neat to be leading  a Challenge Group where two dozen of us are all working together with this recently released program.  These workouts are low-impact yet yield some great results.  We will see the intensity turn up a few more notches with this week's schedule!  Looking ahead to beyond week three we will find that Define: Upper Body and Define: Lower Body will no longer be present in the rotation that is recommended for PiYo.  Of course if you are having a day where you do not quite feel up to par, either of these two more basic workouts could be substituted in place of one of the more advanced routines which is on the calendar.  I trust Beachbody's top-notch approach to fitness and also the quality and knowledge that trainer Chalene Johnson brings to any of her programs.  For those who came to PiYo already quite fit, the suggested rotation of weeks one and two may have felt a bit light?  I personally began to introduce some of the later-scheduled routines in order to familiarize myself as a coach and also to challenge myself as an individual.  Beginning with week three, I will now be following the schedule exactly as it is written!  I am looking forward to checking out my own 60 Day results at the conclusion of my first round of PiYo.  I am also excited to celebrate with so many others who are also on this adventure with me!

The image below shows one of the moves that was extremely challenging for me during my first week.  I am becoming stronger and more adept with this one.  While doing the "Drench" workout yesterday, I was happy to feel my body catching up with my mental can-do determination when it comes to this move.
PiYo Moves, Hip Opener, Abduction Plank

I am completely hooked on this program.  For those of us (ME!!) who are not fans of traditional cardio, this is really just plain incredible!  Others who typically gravitate towards more intense programs like T-25 and Insanity are finding a valuable change of approach through PiYo.  It is so good to do something that our bodies crave.  

PiYo, PiYo Benefits

Becoming better aligned, more flexible and stronger all over makes everyday life that much more enjoyable!  Chalene says several times that her goal is to make everything easier for us.  I can see how this is true!  Whether I am squatting down to fish a missing shoe out of the depths of the closet, leaning over too much doll-paraphernalia to tuck my daughter in at night or reaching as far as possible to reach around the track while playing trains with my son, PiYo is making a difference for me!  Flexibility certainly has advantages in everyday life.  My husband is also enjoying this new phase of mine.  :)  I am currently in my mid-30's and somehow I am feeling younger than I have felt in years!  Clean eating has a lot to do with this.  My daily Shakeology and PiYo are definitely significant factors as well.  I am thankful to be on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment