Monday, January 12, 2015

My Results: Max 30 Day 30!

Insanity Max 30, Max 30 Results

Hello!  Here we are - 1/2 way into the 60 Day Insanity Max 30 program!!!  I am LOVING this program and am pleased with my results so far.  Thank you Shaun T!  That pesky "belly flub" is shrinking.  Hurray!  Last week I had shared about how I had gotten myself off track this fall and went "backwards" for the first time during the 16 months that I have been on this journey.  OUCH.  I was still eating clean but my ratio of foods was not the best.  I was still working out 5-6 days per week but was doing more of my "favorites" within a hybrid schedule.  But the main thing is that these past four weeks, I am back to my FOCUSED self and I am moving full-steam ahead!  I have completed each workout of Month 1 and I will begin the entirely different set of Month 2 workouts TODAY.  Check out these previous blog entries of mine for an overview of the program, more details on the Month 1 workouts, actual calories burned and Max 30 nutrition plan.  

There are lots of logistics included in the links above... so, what do I want to share as I recap Month 1 with this progress update?  What have I learned about myself and what do I think of Max 30?

The biggest thing that I have learned is that I CAN DO THIS!  I had NEVER thought of myself as an "extreme" workout candidate.  Never in my life.  From back when I was in 9th grade and spent the entire year trying to "serve the ball over the net" so that our gym class could "have a pizza party next time we have gym"... it FINALLY happened for me in 10th grade.  I served the ball over the net.  Rather than backwards over my head.  Or off to the side, hitting the gym wall.  I am the person who went roller-skating here and there at a birthday party over the years.  I was TERRIFIED and clung to the comfort of the carpeted walls.  I did begin riding horses at an early age and that has always been a love of mine.  For whatever reason, that is the ONLY "traditionally athletic" arena in which I ever felt comfortable. 

After reaching a scary weight, heightened cholesterol, not having much energy and just knowing it was time to DO something, I began in September 2013 with ChaLEAN Extreme (mainly weight/strength training).  I learned how to eat clean, I drink my Shakeology for breakfast and have been a member of a challenge group via a secret FB group.  I went on to the 21 Day Fix in March 2014 and started with PiYo in July 2014.  When I first heard of Insanity Max 30 coming out in early December 2014, I was intrigued.  My sister Rachel is the one who inspired me on this journey in the first place and her experience with the original Insanity program was an inspiration to me.  I heard how there was an option to have the modifier always visible in Max 30 so as to not have to jump or go overboard throughout the workout.  I was ready to kick myself into gear and get back on board with making things happen in my transformation - I have got to keep moving forward!  I am down 50 pounds but still have another 25 to go.  I figured that Insanity Max 30 was perhaps my best next program... I was scared and intimidated to ponder it!  Back to that idea that I have never been the one to naturally gravitate towards the "extreme" workouts!  But guess what??  It is quite doable for me at this point in my journey.  AND, I am surprised at how much I enjoy it!!!

I set my mindset with the thought that "I am going to have a great transformation with Insanity Max 30" rather than just thinking to myself how "this is going to be the next program that I do".  This approach has gone a long way in moving me forward in the moments where things get tough within a workout or while making daily nutrition choices.  I am by no means perfect, but I am happy with how I am doing things this month and that to me is the best feeling!

So if you are thinking of how you would like to make significant change this year, take a look at Max 30!  If you are already pretty fit and want to take yourself to the next level, this program will get you there!  Don't follow the modifier - go all out along with Shaun T and you will have some KILLER results!  If you are not yet fit at all or if it has been awhile since you have been in a regular exercise program, Max 30 could still be for you. These are the questions that you would want to say "yes" to in order to take on this dynamic program:

1) Can you get up and down from the floor easily?  As long as you do not have a physical limitation, you can follow the modifier well enough and you will still be burning 400 calories in 30 minutes - even without any kind of jumping!  

2) Are you looking to push yourself?  Max 30 is not about holding back and taking it easy through some parts of the program.  The idea is to go all out (according to YOUR own level) and propel yourself forward until you "max out".  When I max out, I do it pause for 10-20 seconds.  I take a breather, get a drink, walk around the basement and come right back to it.  It is neat to see my progress and challenge myself on beating my own "max out time" from one week to the next!

3) Do you have 30 minutes a day, 5 or 6 days per week?  The workouts are only 30 minutes in length and time FLIES!  

4) Are you willing to work hard for some results?  I can feel myself shrinking throughout my body!  I am becoming tighter and was surprised to see that my calves and thighs actually went up a 1/2" while checking my measurements?!?  They feel smaller to me??  But I guess that they are becoming more defined, stronger and just really solid.  I am most excited to feel my mid-section becoming more toned from the inside out!  There are parts within the program where you are in a sitting position and lean back and drum on our abs.  I can feel a change over these past 30 days.  Of course there is the very true saying that "Abs are made in the kitchen" and I have been careful to keep myself in check and I am eating according to the Max 30 nutrition guide! 

5) Are you looking for some confidence and self-affirmation?  Spend a week doing Max 30!  You are going to be cheering yourself on that you ARE doing this!  This is going to drive your approach and perspective in other areas of life as well.  Who doesn't want to feel more ready to take on the world that we face each day?  Your mindset can be shaped during your 30 minute workout.  The benefits go way BEYOND the physical when you are doing a program like Insanity Max 30!    

So there you have it!  Here's to my own Month 2!  I will post a Week 5 update over the weekend and will let you know how I do with this new set of workouts!  Month 1 laid the groundwork and was certainly a challenge.  Now it is time to take it up a level with five new routines!

Side Note: Insanity Max 30 is on introductory special through the end of January.  Just let me know if you would like any details on how to get started yourself!
     
Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment