Saturday, December 13, 2014

Insanity Max 30 Meal Plan and Grocery List: Week ONE!

Insanity Max 30 Meal Plan

Good morning!  Today is Saturday and that means it is time for some meal planning here in my household.  This week is not just like any other week, though!  Monday the 15th is going to be my own Day 1 of 60 with Beachbody's brand-new Shaun T program called Insanity Max 30!!  I am excited to be teaming up with my sister who is also a coach and we are leading an Insanity Max 30 Test Group together!  Next weekend I will blog an update on my first week of the workouts and my overall impression of the program.

This morning I am going to focus on meal planning according to the nutrition guide that came with Max 30.  I stayed up pretty late last night in order to get this thing done from start to finish!  I found the guide very easy to follow and was intrigued by all of the simple recipes that have been included.  The system is not radically different from the 21 Day Fix.  However, there were a few things that I would need to tweak from my current Fix and PiYo meal plans.  With wanting to incorporate some of the Max 30 recipes, I decided to dial way back and start all of this from scratch.  It was a bit harder but is definitely worth it.  Rather than taking my old approach and favorites and trying to fit them into this mold, I have built from the ground up in crafting my Max 30 meal plan for my own Week One!

Insanity Max 30 Meal Plan

Anything that you see written in italics represents a new recipe that I have pulled from the Max 30 Nutrition guide!  Typically I would NOT be trying 15 new recipes in one week!  But they are simple!  I pulled from the Breakfast (which we will have for dinner on Tuesday and Saturday), Snack, Dinner, Carb and Veggie categories of the guide.  It is incredibly user-friendly and I think that Beachbody has don an excellent job with this entire program!  

I am really, really looking forward to getting started!  Being successful with Max 30 is SO MUCH A STATE OF MIND.  The program is intense!  I have sampled a few of the workouts this week and it is unlike anything else that I have ever done.  Shaun T keeps us moving on this one but it is not difficult to follow.  Time passes quickly and all of the workouts are 30 minutes in length.  This is going to be an amazing transformation type of program for myself and SO many others out there!  Just as important as sticking with the hard-core workouts, we also have to be very, very purposeful and selective in the kitchen.  Especially this time of the year!  I am thankful for my Max 30 Test Group where we will all be holding one another accountable.  :)

The final part of my meal planning was to write a grocery list.  I took my meal plan and then continuously referenced the guide book recipes as I went into Microsoft Word and updated my usual grocery list.  I will paste in the list content below!  I tend to shop at our local Wegmans and Sam's Club most of the time.  

My meal planning chart and grocery list both incorporate the color-coded food categories that we find in Max 30.  Red is Proteins, Green is Veggies, Purple is Fruits, Yellow is Carbs, Blue is Healthy Fats, Orange is Seeds & Dressings and the Brown Teaspoon is Oils & Nut Butters.
 
Max 30 Grocery List for Week One – 12/15/14

Produce
Bananas
Apples
Oranges
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Baby Spinach
Salad Greens
Green Beans
Asst. Peppers
Mushrooms
Avocado
Sweet Potatoes
Lemons
Garlic
Cilantro
Rosemary

Deli
Low Sodium Ham
Nitrate Free Turkey

Cooler
Chicken Breast Club Pack
Flank Steak
Pork Tenderloin
Low Sodium, Nitrate Free Turkey Bacon
Plain Greek Yogurt
Eggs
Almond Milk

Grocery Shelves:
Black Olives
Cumin
Dijon Mustard

Frozen:
Berries


Nature’s Marketplace Organic

                (at Wegmans)

Shelves:
Kidney Beans
Black Beans
Brown Rice
Quinoa
Almond Butter

Freezer:
Ezekiel Bread

Bulk:
Sesame Seeds
Sprouted Almonds

Max 30 Test Group, Shaun T
 






 

  
Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment