Sunday, December 21, 2014

Insanity Max 30 Week 1 - Results and Review

Insanity Max 30, Clean Eating

Hello!  Guess what??  I have just completed WEEK ONE of Insanity Max 30!  This is a 60 Day program and it is safe to say that I am unexpectedly HOOKED!  Even 8 days ago, I was pretty nervous about this one.  The workouts are intense and the style is outside of my usual comfort zone.  I naturally love PiYo.  But I do not have a reason why I can't take on a program like Max 30 so I decided to go for it!  And guess what???  I am DOWN 3 pounds this week!  Hurray for Week One of Insanity Max 30!  This has definitely been a jump start. It has been awhile since the scale moved - other than inching upward the past month or two.  I began my health transformation 15 months ago.  At first the weight and inches came off very quickly.  Then things slowed and I have been doing much more strengthening and toning.  Even though I personally rank the scale below measurements, fit of clothes and photos as a tool of checking progress, it is encouraging to see it move when I still have two dozen or so pounds to go.

Some of the thoughts that I have kept at the forefront of my mind this week are:

- Dig Deep.  Dig Deeper!

- When you can't do one more, do three more!

- Who will win?  Your body or your mind?

- I am going to have a great Max 30 transformation.  It is not simply the "program that I am doing".

- Eat according to the plan! 

- Go, GO, GO!!!  I can do this! 

Max 30 was released at the PERFECT time for me.  I can already feel my mid-section becoming tighter and my lower back, shoulder and outer thighs feel stronger.  The triceps focus of PiYo will continue for me through Max 30.  This is exactly what I need to be doing this winter!  I will have another Max 30 test group beginning our prep week on January 5th and you are invited to join me!  If this program is too intense of a start for your current fitness level, no worries!  I have a "New Year, New YOU" challenge which will have a big focus on the 21 Day Fix and is open to any of my customers working their way through one of our programs.  
Insanity Max 30, Test Group

I am currently leading our first Insanity Max 30 test group with my sister Rachel who is also a Team Beachbody Coach and we are off to a great start there!  The nutrition guide that comes with Max 30 is actually my favorite guide so far.  This one is based on the foundation that many have learned through the 21 Day Fix with the idea of portion control and eating from the proper ratio of food categories.  I sat down last Friday to work on my menu plan.  I worked "from scratch", using the Max 30 guide and a piece of paper.  I was happy with how it all came together!  I plugged in quite a few delicious recipes that came right from the Max 30 guide.


I was ready for Day ONE!  This took place on Monday, December 15th.  My alarm was set, my sneakers were ready and the coffee pot was prepped.  My Polar tracker had arrived Sunday afternoon and my husband helped me with getting it started in time for my first workout.  :)  I begin my day by reading my Bible and checking in with my challenge groups while drinking my coffee.  Then I am ready to begin my workout, typically at around 6 AM.  The Max 30 workouts are all 30 minutes in length and that is perfect.  Monday's workout is Cardio Challenge.

Insanity Max 30, Clean Eating

With Insanity Max 30, you are doing a set of 5 workouts during the first month and then a second set of 5 new workouts during the second month.  Monday, Wednesday and Friday are cardio-focused and Tuesday/Thursday are strength-focused.  Although all of the workouts do contain an element of each.  There is an optional weekend workout called "Pulse".  It is 20 minutes in length rather than the 30 minutes of all of the other workouts.  Pulse is stretching and strength.  Shaun T cracks me up!  He begins Pulse with saying that this is going to be an easy day.  But NOT that easy, since his name is Shaun T and we know what that means!  With all of Max 30, you work with the idea of "maxing out".  You PUSH yourself rather than pacing yourself through the routine.  There IS a modifer in every single workout.  You can even choose a menu option to have that modifier ALWAYS visible on the right side of your screen.  I have been doing that and LOVE it!  I tend to modify 1/3-1/2 of my workout. My feet are super flat and can not jump forever.  The modifier does not jump at all.  Plus my current cardio level keeps me in the best heart rate range if I am modifying part of the time.  So that works!

Monday - Cardio Challenge is basically your fit test each week.  It keeps you moving mentally and physically!  Lots of variety and some new moves that I had never seen prior to Max 30. 

Tuesday and Thursday - Tabata Power (weeks 1&2) and Tabata Strength (weeks 3 &4).  Tabata Power begins with plyometrics and then comes down to the floor with a fair amount of floor work.  It is intense!  On Thursday of this week, I had the chance to do my workout a little bit later in the morning and then spent the next two hours tracking my continuous calorie burn following Tabata.  It was INSANE!

Wednesday - Sweat Intervals is a cardio workout and is my own favorite so far!  I was sweating as much as ever!
 

Friday - Friday Fight: Round 1 just does not stop!  Who will win?  Your body or your mind?

Saturday - Pulse (optional) is a stretch and strength type of workout. 

Sunday - Rest

* Add in 10 Minute Ab Attack on M, W, Sat if you would like to aim high!

Insanity Max 30

It is safe to say that I have never worked out this hard in my life.  But I like it!  The best part is that although the program is challenging, it is not hard to follow.  The modifier is VERY doable, provided you have a can-do attitude and no physical restrictions.  



The nutrition plan give you plenty of options and I honestly enjoy following that sort of framework.  You fall either above or below 150 pounds and that determines your bracket on the nutrition plan.  I am above 150 and aim for 4 proteins, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 carbs, 1 healthy fat, 1 seeds, and 4 teaspoons of oil/nut butter each day.  I am going to be honest and say that looking back on the week, I was probably at about 70% with following it perfectly.  We are in the midst of the holiday season!  So given this fact, seeing that I was still able to lose 3 pounds, I am pretty excited!  The next couple of weeks continue to be "holiday" and I will certainly be utilizing my challenge group members and those around me to help me to stay accountable and on track with things.  After all, I am excited for my own transformation with Max 30!




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete