Monday, June 9, 2014

The one that I HAVE BEEN WAITING for!!

PiYo Available 6.23.14


Guess what?  It is almost time for me to start a new workout program!  PiYo!!  And this is literally one that I cannot wait to purchase!  This is a program that uses your own body to strengthen, sculpt, and increase flexibility. I LOVE the idea of low impact and no extra equipment needed!  Plus, what could possibly be bad about mixing Yoga and Pilates?!
 
This program isn't available yet, but will be on June 23rd. Initially PiYo will only be available through a coach (like me!).  Please contact me for information on how to get this program before it is made available to the general public, as it will sell out FAST!!!

Here are some of the things that have intrigued me as I contemplate my own beginning with this new program...

Why PiYo?
The trainer for this program is Chalene Johnson.  I love Chalene.  I really, really do!  She is the one who created Chalean Extreme which is the program that got everything started for me.  Chalene has a fun sense of humor but is also no-nonsense with her approach to fitness. Through her instruction I found this reassurance that if I would follow what she was telling me to do with my body position, I would get results.  It just works!


Here are some details on the program that are available to me through my coaching office page:

"Carve an intensely defined physique-without jumps, without weights, and without joint strain. Using body weight, PiYos uses low-impact, high-intensity movements inspired by Pilates and yoga. The result? Long, lean, muscles, a high, firm booty, and tight, flat, sexy abs. PiYo will work every single muscle to stabilize, stretch, and strengthen every inch of a body."

Workout Length 25-46 minutes

Workouts Included in PiYo:

Align (46 mins): The Fundamentals 

Upper Body (20 mins): this focused workout will strengthen and stretch your entire body, while building on the movement patterns you have learned in Align.

Define: Lower Body (25 mins) will shape and tone everything from your glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves gently, yet effectively to help you get sleek and lean legs.

Sweat (35 mins) is a traditional PiYo Workout that is fast paced with body weight strength training and ab work!

Core (30 mins) an ab-centric workout that targets every angle of the abdominals and back. I’ve read this will be a calorie-torcher too!

Drench (45 mins) is a total body workout to get you sweaty, burning calories, and going to have your metabolism on fire!

Strength Intervals (25 mins) designed to tone the whole body and burn tons of calories with no weights required!

Sculpt (30 mins) no weights are required for this intense, full-body workout either!


Check out this PiYo Preview Clip.


At the end of this month I will be launching a challenge group that will run for 60 days.  This is the length of the PiYo program.  We will begin with preseason on June 30th and our actual "Day One" will take place on Monday, July 7th.  Would you like to join me?

PiYo Sweat Workout



No comments:

Post a Comment