Sunday, January 18, 2015

Month 2 Week 1 of Insanity Max 30 - Liking Cardio MORE than Strength!?!?

Insanity Max 30, Max 30 Month 2, Weight Loss, Cardio, Shaun T

Here we are!  I am now more than 1/2 way through my 60 Days of Insanity Max 30!  I just completed my first week of Month 2.  With Insanity Max 30, this means FIVE new workouts this week.  What??  And let me just say that there is a reason that these are not included within Month 1.  :)  I had two surprises this week... within the Max 30 schedule you will find that Monday, Wednesday and Friday are very much cardio days.  Tuesday and Thursday also involve an element of strength training mixed in with some cardio.  Tuesday and Thursday utilize the Tabata approach.  In Month 1 this meant 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off.  Month 2 steps it up to 45 (!!!!!!!!!?????????) seconds on and 15 seconds off.  So surprise #1 this week is that I found myself actually liking cardio MORE than strength.  This is pretty much a lifetime first for me.  So is it that the strength is just that intense and really rough or am I becoming better at cardio and thus I enjoy it more than I did in the past?  Probably a little of each!  Surprise #2 was that I put on a pair of jeans yesterday morning.  For the first time this week.  This happened on Saturday??  I have been a little behind on the laundry and have been enjoying yoga pants and leggings this week.  Anyways, my size 12 jeans were fresh from the laundry and shortly after putting them on, I was pleasantly surprised to find the waist fitting in a loose way!  Hurray!!  The thighs are still snug and that seems to be my build as my body continues to change shape.  But yesterday was the first time that I could really picture myself looking for 10's in the not-so-distant future.  That will be a FIRST for me.  It is my goal to be able to do this before my birthday which is coming up in April.  I will complete Insanity Max 30 in February and will then move into a couple rounds of the BRAND NEW (2/2 release!) 21 Day Fix Extreme.  Keeping my goals in mind will help me to continue to stay on track in the kitchen.  


Monday - Max Out Cardio 

Here is what I shared in my Test Group in regards to this workout...

Done!! First day of Month 2!!

1) Pleasantly surprised that I did not have to modify as much as anticipated!

2) That first crazy power move scared me!! The plank/jack/punch thing all done in plank position! Modified there!

3) The plank/squat was nifty and actually pretty cool for the first 2. By #3 my glutes and hamstrings were really feeling it!! Whoa!

4) I can tell how much my cardio fitness has improved while doing the sprint/jack. I actually felt really good through there!

Insanity Max 30, Max 30 Month 2, Weight Loss, Cardio, Shaun T

Tuesday - Max Out Power

Reflections posted in my Test Group:

Okay! So this was probably the most simple but most intense Max 30 yet! 45 seconds feels like forever!!!!

I maxed out before 8 minutes! My quads were on FIRE! The 9th minute was a flashback to the sounds of the Labor and Delivery unit! 

This one also has a good amount of water breaks. And 5 (FIVE?!?!!?) minutes of push-ups in that 45 sec on/15 off rotation. 

There is nothing complex in this routine but yet it is a crazy challenge! I kept reminding myself of the article that I had posted earlier. I am not on a spaceship, therefore I have no excuse to not make the most of gravity in this resistance training!

Welcome to Month 2!

Insanity Max 30, Max 30 Month 2, Weight Loss, Cardio, Shaun T

Wednesday - Max Out Sweat

Afternoon Workout was on the plan for today. 

Call me crazy, but I really liked this one! Wednesdays may be a favorite day again in Month Two?

The warm-up follows the Month 2 format. Intense! My quads were begging for mercy during that 123 Clap! Remnants of yesterday's 9 minute mark agony. 

I don't know why I liked this one so much?? Shaun T had a few surprise reactions! Maybe because it is tough but very doable? It goes quick and before you meld over you are on to the next move. 

I also added in Ab Attack. I can see and feel how much stronger I am getting there!

Insanity Max 30, Max 30 Month 2, Weight Loss, Cardio, Shaun T

Thursday - Max Out Strength

I maxed out somewhere around the 8 minute mark. But at 15:50 I think that I was mumbling incoherently! I hit pause, stood up and walked around the basement for 30 seconds. I got myself back together and return to the floor! I did it again at 28 minutes, even knowing that we were almost done. That was pretty crazy! Definitely upped the ante from Tuesday's workout. Oh my. 

Insanity Max 30, Max 30 Month 2, Weight Loss, Cardio, Shaun T
 
Friday - Friday Fight: Round 2

This was my best workout of the week!  Sure, it is hard.  Shaun T begins by saying that it is the hardest workout that he has ever created.  Oh boy!  On the heels of Thursday, I was a bit nervous upon hearing this.  But I was in the zone and pushed myself just right and I loved it!!  Finishing this one strong is the best feeling ever!!
 
Insanity Max 30, Max 30 Month 2, Weight Loss, Cardio, Shaun T


Weekends with Insanity Max 30

Max 30 runs on a 5 day per week schedule.  The 5 workouts are 30 minutes in length and they are INTENSE.  You have the option to do the 20 minute "Pulse" workout on the weekends.  Pulse is all about stretch and strength and you can also add in the 10 minute Ab Attack if you would like.  Sometimes we may have a week where we are "running behind" a day during the week itself.  It is good to have the flexibility of being able to catch up a day over the weekend.  In that case, you could use Saturday as a "make up" day and still take Sunday to either rest or do Pulse.  You NEED that rest day in this program.  Especially in Month 2.  

Overall, I am very, very happy with Insanity Max 30.  I am personally still surprised at home much I am enjoying it.  If you are someone who does not have physical limitations an you like to push yourself, I would recommend it!  Begin by following the modifier and you will still get some crazy results.  Contact me for more details on how to get started with Insanity Max 30.  You might surprise yourself with what you can accomplish!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment