Friday, May 15, 2015

Meal Plan PiYo Week #5 with Grocery List and Recipes!

PiYo, PiYo Meal Plan, Meal Planning, Clean Eating, PiYo Week 5

Hello!  Welcome to my blog!  I am about to begin Week 5 of PiYo and have been working on my meal plan for the upcoming week.  I have my grocery list together and will include that below.  I will also link in the recipes used.  Please comment if you would like to receive an emailed copy of this meal plan word document!

I have completed a variety of Beachbody programs over the past 18 months and PiYo is a favorite of mine!  I first did PiYo in Summer of 2014 when it was brand-new.  After doing Insanity Max 30 and the 21 Day Fix Extreme this past winter, I was ready to return to PiYo once again.  This past week I shared the following on my Facebook page:


I am NOT:
trying to have the best body on the beach
training for a marathon

on a strict diet
basing my self-worth on my appearance

I AM:
wanting be a great example to my kids, to be healthy for my sake and theirs, to feel good myself and to become stronger each day!

I have many people ask me about the difference between the PiYo Meal Plan and the 21 Day Fix Nutrition?  Basically, some of the portion sizes vary a bit.  Bottom line, the main differences for me are that I am eating one less grain, fruit and healthy fat serving and I am eating one more protein and veggie serving.  This is actually pretty similar to what I was doing when I switched to a stripped version of the 21 Day Fix meal plan.   

PiYo, PiYo Drench, Weight Loss

I do tend to rotate through the same snacks and lunches on a regular basis.  I mix things up a bit at dinner.  My children are ages 6 and 8.  Other than my own full serving of morning Shakeology, we pretty much eat the same things.  Clean eating has been beneficial to my entire family since we first began this adventure back in September 2013.  My life has changed drastically since that point!  Here are the recipes for what we are having for dinner here this week!

Monday - Wegmans is our local grocery store and they make a very good organic Garlic Sesame Asian sauce.  I tend to naturally use sauces very sparingly.  As a busy mom, finding a store-bought item like this to use every now and then is what makes clean eating work for us!  I will thinly slice chicken breast and then toss it in this sauce while cooking.  Use whatever veggies you like plus a simple brown rice and serve this one fresh from the skillet! 

Tuesday - My Beef Lettuce Wraps are based on this recipe from the 21 Day Fix Extreme.  Simply substitute flank steak in place of the chicken.

Wednesday and Thursday - BBQ Chicken is a family favorite around here.  Along the lines of the "sauce perspective" from Monday, I will lightly use Wegmans Organic BBQ sauce.  It is much better than many of the mainstream options out there.  OR if you would like to make your own BBQ, here is a recipe that looks pretty good!  My Coconut Veggies are a recipe from the 3-Day Refresh and it has become one of my own favorite ways to enjoy cooked veggies! We have come to really enjoy sweet potatoes and they are superior to regular potatoes when it comes to nutrition.  There is nothing wrong with including a balanced amount of carbs in our diet.  We just need to choose well! 

Friday - Citrus Grilled Chicken is based on the Insanity Max 30 recipe for citrus steak.  You will use 1/2 cup fresh lemon or lime juice, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, 4 tsp. olive oil and 4 cloves of garlic.  Combine these items and marinate the chicken in this mixture.  Then grill the chicken!  The Rosemary Mushrooms are also from this program and they are sooooo good!  Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.  Add 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic and 4 cups of mushrooms.  Stir frequently while cooking for 5 minutes or so until juices from the mushrooms have evaporated and they are tender.  Add a bit of fresh rosemary and bit of sea salt.  Stir occasionally, cooking for another 2-3 minutes.  Mash your sweet potatoes with a bit of cinnamon and add a side salad for a lovely meal!

Saturday - I am not really a fan of seafood!  But this is one way that I do actually genuinely enjoy salmon.  :)

Sunday - This Cobb Salad recipe is from Insanity Max 30 and has become something that my family requests over and over again!  
 


The Cobb Salad includes a spinach/romaine mix, cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, hard-boiled egg, low-sodium nitrate free turkey bacon, avocado and fresh lemon juice.  We also add kidney beans to ours.

Here is my grocery list!  You may already have some of these pantry items on hand but I have included them in the list just in case!  


Nature’s Marketplace
                (at Wegmans)

Shelves:
Kidney Beans
Brown Rice
Almond Butter
Coconut Oil
Garlic Sesame Stir Fry Sauce
Wegmans Organic BBQ Sauce
Ground Cumin
Garlic Powder
Cinnamon
Sea Salt
Cinnamon Quest Bar

Freezer:
Ezekiel Bread

Bulk:
Sprouted Almonds

-----------------------------------

Produce
Bananas
Apples
Tomatoes
Celery
Carrots
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Cucumber
Baby Spinach
Romaine Lettuce
Green Beans
Asst. Peppers
Mushrooms
Avocado
Sweet Potatoes
Lemons
Limes
Garlic
Cilantro
Rosemary
Dill

Deli
Nitrate Free Turkey

Cooler
Chicken Breast Club Pack
Flank Steak
Low Sodium, Nitrate Free Turkey Bacon
Plain Greek Yogurt
Eggs
Almond Milk

Chili Powder
Olive Oil

Frozen:
Berries
Salmon

PiYo, PiYo Week 5, PiYo Schedule





 


2 comments:

  1. Can look at my blog and see prices, and nutritional facts of healthy, low fat food at different grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. register for delicious recipes
    The right kinds of meals never fail to delight the heart and soul. Delight your guests at home parties time and again, and see your loved ones cherish the dishes at the dining table each day with handpicked healthy recipes from around the world.

    ReplyDelete