Saturday, April 11, 2015

PiYo? Plyo? What is the Difference!?!?


Good morning!  Welcome to my blog!  I am a wife and mom who became a Team Beachbody coach after experiencing dramatic changes in my own health and fitness.  Now I greatly enjoy helping others in reaching their own goals!

One of the questions that I am asked on a regular basis is in regards to the difference between PiYo and Plyo??  It is tricky that these two words are sooooo similar yet they refer to two completely OPPOSITE things!  In short, "PiYo" stands for a pilates/yoga based program from trainer Chalene Johnson.  This is a low impact/high results 60 day program with 10 workouts that are ALL PiYo.  "Plyo" is an abbreviation for "plyometrics" which means explosive movement --- think of LOTS of jumping!  In recent Beachbody world, Plyo comes to mind as the bonus workout from the original 21 Day Fix and also Monday's workout from the Fix Extreme.  Picture high-impact with a very high calorie burn.

PiYo, Chalene Johnson, Pilates, Yoga, Flexibility, Strength

PiYo is one of my own top two personal favorite Beachbody programs!  I have completed five programs over the past 19 months.  Chalene Johnson is such a neat trainer and she has also produced Turbo Jam, TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme.  You really want to hear what she has to say during the workouts - in regards to form and life in general!  See this blog entry for more details on the PiYo program.  Here is an entry which features the PiYo Day 30 results from myself and some of my challengers.  I LOVE PiYo and am actually about to return to it this coming Monday, April 13th!!  I will be completing the 60 day program and then plan to head back to my other favorite (Insanity Max 30) for a second round of that hardcore, intense program.  PiYo is low impact but my body had some of my best results in regards to becoming lean and "PiYo strong".  The increased flexibility and range of motion literally blew my mind, knowing myself and my tendencies.  I can't wait to get back to it once again to see what this round will bring!

21 Day Fix, Autumn Calabrese, Home Workouts

The 21 Day Fix is a program with trainer Autumn Calabrese.  This was her first-ever Beachbody workout!  The 21 Day Fix is life-changing and this is the program which I most often recommend to my new clients.  The nutrition management aspect of the Fix is HUGE and once you learn these tricks, your eating habits will be changed forever!  Here is an overview of the workout descriptions and also my results.  You rotate through 7 daily workouts plus you have a "bonus" workout called "Plyo Fix".  Plyo Fix is 30 minutes of challenging cardio!  You are doing lots of jumping!  Great shoes and the right athletic support bra plus a decent floor surface are a must in order to avoid injury when working out with this intensity.   

21 Day Fix Extreme, Autumn Calabrese, Plyo Fix Extreme, Extreme Workouts

The 21 Day Fix Extreme was released in February 2015.  I began my experience with it when it was brand-new!  Tomorrow will mark my completion of 8 weeks of this program.  Stay tuned for results!  Here is an overview of the workouts included with this program.  Check out this blog entry for an idea of meal planning with the Fix Extreme.  Plyo Fix Extreme is Monday's workout while you are doing the Fix Extreme.  It is a fast-paced 30 minutes!  You are JUMPING.  With WEIGHTS!!??!  What???  Seriously.  It is a killer workout and I know that I am getting some great results through my efforts during my time with the Fix Extreme.  


I will be offering a brand new group during the week of April 20th!  This one is called "Dust Off Your Workout DVD's" and you are invited to join us!  This is a FREE 7 day group to encourage one another while also sharing some practical tools! Everyone will be doing the workout program of their choice and our common thread will be "how to make it happen" as we keep one another accountable and make the most of this time in our life! We will also be sharing clean eating recipes and general wellness tips. Daily posts will begin on Monday, April 20th. I hope to have you join us!  

Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment