Sunday, February 8, 2015

My Insanity Max 30 Results!!!

Insanity Max 30, Weight Loss

Good afternoon!  Guess what!?!?!  TODAY is the day that I COMPLETED Insanity Max 30!!!  Hurray!!  Time to celebrate!!  This was an intense 60 days.  And I would do it all over again.  In fact, I am planning to do just that in June and July!  Tomorrow I begin with exploring the 21 Day Fix Extreme.  April and May will be a return to PiYo.  Then back to Max 30 for another 60 days.  I do my best when I am following a plan.  

I have blogged a few times about my Insanity Max 30 experience and I will link all of that in below.  This morning I actually made a video just moments after completing the final "Cardio Challenge" workout.  Check out Max 30 reflections for the scoop on my biggest concerns going into this program, the strategy that made it possible and how it felt to finish.  Of great significance are the life lessons that I learned about myself these past 8 weeks!  WARNING: This video contains images of me just barely post-workout!  I am wearing my Insanity Max 30 sweatband over which my husband has joked about disowning me!  But the sweat band is too functional for me to skip it!  I have never before sweat like I do in this program and with being down and back up so much, the sweat was going into my eyes and it really stung!  Oh, and I am chewing gum in this video.  Yikes!  I realized that part way after the fact.  One of my tips for getting through a workout is that I grab a fresh piece of gum just as I begin.  It keeps my throat from getting so dry and also serves as a distraction when the workout gets tough!  So, there is my disclaimer on this video - but it does capture the essence of this fantastic program and my own experience with it.

The areas that saw the most change with Max 30 are my back and my arms.  Ummmm.... looking at my "before" photos above, I had NO IDEA what my back was looking like until we took those photos.  Yikes.  It has been a while since we took a photo like that and seeing this image was painful.  I was CELEBRATING this morning as soon as I caught a glimpse of the back photo that my husband took today.  Phew!  I am on the right track!!!  And as for my upper arms, they have LONG been my own least favorite part of my body.  They have always felt doughy and are just not an area that I care to spotlight!  Well, my upper arms are finally making some progress.  Max 30 is all about sooooo many types of burpees, push-ups, plank jacks, and many other things that I could tell were really improving my back and arms!  In fact, I went out on a limb and had my husband take a FIRST-EVER "flex" photo of me!  This was my brave moment.  :)  Now I will have a point of reference for the future!  

Insanity Max 30, Weight Loss

This collage contains my completed Max 30 calendar!  I did ALL of the workouts scheduled during each of the 8 weeks of the program.  Something that I really enjoyed with this program was having a Polar device that kept track of my heart rate and calories burned.  I have never been a big cardio fan and it really showed when I was first starting this program.  I would have to modify heavily early on in order to keep my heart rate in a decent range... well, that really changed during these 8 weeks and I couldn't be more pleased with knowing that I have become much more heart healthy!  Max 30 is all about "maxing out" and I really explain that in depth in this morning's video which is linked in above.  On the chart pictured here, I would record my "max out" time each workout and would work to push myself beyond it the following week. That concept alone has been REVOLUTIONARY for my approach to my workouts and my life.  If you want to explore what you are really capable of, give Insanity Max 30 a try!  You will not regret it.  There is a modifier option where you can elect right on the menu to always have the modifier in view on the right hand side of the screen.  I selected that option each day of my Max 30 schedule.  Starting out, I would modify 60-70% of the time.  By the end of the program, I was modifying 20-30% of the time.  What a nifty measure of progress in regards to strength, agility, cardio capacity and presence of mind.  Pretty mind-blowing to experience, really.  You just have to try it!  

Here are other Insanity Max 30 blog entries of mine: 

Introduction to Insanity Max 30

Why I Am Excited for Max 30

Meal Planning for Week 1 of Max 30

Calories Burned During Max 30

Week 1 Results and Review

Weeks 2 and 3 - Workouts and Meal Plans  

Day 30 Results!

Month 2 - Week 1: Liking Cardio MORE than Strength?? 

Week 6 Max 30 Meal Plan and Recipes

Insanity Max 30, Weight Loss

I put this collage together 10 days or so ago.  This shows the difference from where I began nearly 18 months ago.  I am still going strong!  If you would like to make changes to your own fitness and nutrition, I am here to help!  I have been a Team Beachbody Coach for nearly 1 year and I so enjoy helping others with clean eating and home fitness options!  I lead secret FB groups where I offer tools and support and we all encourage each other on this great adventure.  It has been amazing for me as an individual and also as a coach!  I can't wait to see what the next year brings! 
Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

2 comments:

  1. Some major changes in the midsection! Congrats and well done. :) I like the idea of the chewing gum. I like that you've planned out through July too. You're a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna!! I appreciate your encouragement! The gum is a random thing that really does help! Best wishes to you on your own fitness journey. :)

    ReplyDelete