Saturday, December 27, 2014

Making it Stick This Time!

Challenge Groups, Clean Eating, Insanity Max 30, Weight Loss

Good morning!  As we count down the final days of 2014, we find ourselves making plans for the new year ahead.  Whether or not you are a textbook "resolution maker", there is a good chance that one of your goals for 2015 may be to improve your health.  This is certainly one of my own goals!  I have a whole list of objectives for the upcoming year and losing 20 pounds is on that list.  That would take me to a total of 75 pounds lost since September 2013 and I am looking forward to reaching that milestone.  Wherever you are on your own journey, I would be glad to tackle this topic together!

New Years Resolutions, Clean Eating, Weight Loss, Working Out at Home

I have been thinking about something for the past couple of days.  Why is it that resolutions oftentimes fade and then fail a couple of months, weeks or days into the new year?  Forbes estimates that 8% of people stick with a New Year's Resolution.  Eeeekkkk!  That is not so promising.  Healthy Eating?  We do not like to be given a list of what we can't have.  Exercise?  We don't want to be told what we have to do.  A new routine?  We are already busy and the thought of adding one more thing while trying to juggle everything else just becomes too much!    

So, why is it that what I am doing works??  Why have I been able to make major change and stick with it?  And how has this worked for the many who joined me in 2014?  Rather than thinking about some list of what you can't have and how you are going to miss all of your old favorites, we focus on learning about food as fuel.  We educate ourselves on what goes into our food, what to look for, what to avoid, the effects on our bodies, etc.  In the midst of this process, two things happen.  We realize that what we were eating before was really not doing us any favors.  As we begin to change, our bodies have a physical response.  Before long, eating very much at all of our "old foods" leaves us feeling icky!  And not just in a "self-guilt, I should not have eaten that sort of way"!  As we begin to eat clean and fuel our bodies properly, they reject the old junk.  And then we literally do not want it anymore.  So that whole idea of having a list of what we "can't have"??  We learn that we really do not want it anyways.  That turning point contributes heavily to life change and honestly makes it easy to stick with clean eating.  For me, starting with Shakeology as my breakfast each day gives me a quick dose of super-nutrition and even within my first few days of starting with it, my old cravings were GONE.  How cool is that???  This has been a key component in my success with making change.

Once we are fueling our bodies well, we have the energy for daily 30 minute at home workouts.  We begin to crave exercise.  Challenging ourselves becomes a welcome element of our day.  This begins when we lace up our sneakers and press play but the benefits of this mindset extend into other areas of life as well.  Combined with clean eating, the effectiveness of Beachbody home workouts is basically unlimited!  "Decide, Commit, Succeed" is their tagline and it works!  If you want to grow and find out what you are capable of and go through your days feeling strong, flexible and confident... well, what are you waiting for?  Let's get started!

And how about a new routine?  The accountability and support of a challenge group have been life-changing for me!  I began making with new habits and I was not alone in this endeavor. For me to make progress with my fitness and nutrition, there is a cycle that has to be linked! When I am a little sore from my workout, I am all the more motivated to eat well. When I eat clean and drink my daily Shakeology, I have the energy to workout 6 days a week. I have never felt better! I just make some things a non-negotiable before I can talk myself out of them.  Checking in with my challenge group keeps me on track.
 
I am so excited for the new year that is right around the corner! There is just something about a new chapter and a fresh start. In 2015 I look forward to serving others and helping them reach their own fitness goals through a "secret" Facebook group format where others have already found significant life change and made incredible progress!  Starting January 5th, I will be helping those ready to FOCUS on themselves and commit to 30 minute at home workouts, accountability, clean eating, recipes, daily dose of nutrition, and seeing results.  I have TWO groups beginning on the 5th and one of them could be a fit for you! 


- New Year, New YOU is a 60 Day group that will work well with any of our Beachbody programs.  The 21 Day Fix is always popular and will have a great representation in this group.  I would be happy to help you find the program that is a match for your own goals and current fitness level.  New Year, New YOU will be a great community for those just getting started with healthy changes or looking to get back on track after life has gotten in the way of your progress in this area. 


- Insanity Max 30 with Shaun T is the newest workout available through Beachbody!  I am just wrapping up my own Week 2 of this program and I can't even describe how much I LOVE it!  You will be hooked from the first couple of days as you work towards some insane 60 Day results.  Max 30 keeps your interest and is crazy challenging but yet is not hard to follow.  I can already see how I am going to look back on this as one of my own favorite programs.  And that is honestly a surprise to me!  I am so not a "hard core/extreme workout" type of girl.  At least not until now... :)  Being part of a test group with others who are following the same plan is so much fun!  Everyone in the group "gets it" and the accountability and support are incredible.  If you do not have any physical restraints and would like to push yourself, let's do this!
 

I am also connecting with those looking for even more change in 2015. If you are wanting to get in the best shape of your life and also want to inspire others to do the same, coaching could be a fit for you! Smart Start Coach Basics will begin on January 5th!  If you are determined, enjoy independence, celebrate the success of others, and are truly open to personal growth, I would welcome you to my team! I will be taking on a small number of interns to learn one-on-one how to become a successful Beachbody Coach.  I began coaching in March of 2014 and it has become one of the most rewarding experiences.  Plus I am really contributing to the family budget while still having flexibility and being able to be home with my kids.  I really enjoy our team and look forward to a great year ahead!  Beachbody is seeing lots of growth as others realize that they need to step out and be proactive with their own fitness and nutrition.  This is an excellent company and I am pleased to be part of it.

* Coaching is not for the person looking to make instant cash. You need to be willing to invest in others’ lives.

Are you:
*caring
*risk-taker
*determined
*vision driven
*self-motivated

With these qualities your income will grow and will never cap out. Contact me for details!  To apply, complete this short questionnaire.  

No comments:

Post a Comment