Saturday, February 21, 2015

Dirty 30 Fix Extreme - 3 Rounds, 6 Moves + Bonus

21 Day FIx Extreme, Dirty 30 Extreme

Hello!  Today is Saturday.  I am in Week 1 of the 21 Day Fix Extreme and today's scheduled workout is Dirty 30 Extreme.  Dirty 30 was my favorite in the original 21 Day Fix, so I was curious to see what today's workout would include??  Guess what?  I liked it even more than the original!  Whew!  What a great workout.  This is 30 minutes of strength training and guess what??  I still burned 374 calories!  And my WHOLE body is feeling it.  Tomorrow is my final day of Week 1 and Yoga is on the calendar.  That will be lovely!  Over the next day or two, I will blog a recap of the entire week of workouts.  Nutrition is a big part of this program and here is an idea on what to expect with a meal plan and grocery list.

Guess what?  Since Dirty 30 is my favorite and today is Saturday, I decided to do an in-depth exclusive report on this one!  My husband is home today and I didn't need to do my workout at 6 AM.  I asked him to get some photos and I also went back through and jotted down some notes on this routine.

Autumn opens with the thought, "Don't stop when you're tired - stop when you're done."  This workout involves three rounds with just two exercises each round.  Each move lasts for a minute with a 10 second rest in between.  You do each round twice, then on to the next one.  Plus there is a bonus round, of course!  Autumn seems to LOVE adding on some crazy thing right at the end.  This is a 30 minute workout.  Four of the six moves involve spending a minute on each side of your body.  You need a heavy set of weights and a lighter set of weights.  Throughout this week, I have been using 8's and 12's.

Round 1 (see photo collage at top of blog entry!)

* I used my "lighter" weights for this one and they are a set of 8's.
- Half Moon Curtsy Lunge (1 min. each side)

- Squat with Shoulder Press


Round 2 (see photo collage at top of blog entry!)

- Push-Up Renegade Row ~ I modified by dropping from toes to knees half-way into this one! * I used my "heavy" set of weights and this is a set of 12's

- Sword Pull Lunge (1 min. each side) * I used my 8's.


21 Day Fix Extreme, Dirty 30 Extreme, Home Fitness

Round 3

* I used my "heavier"12 lb. weights for this entire round.
- Single Leg Squat Row ~ I had to tap my toe here and there for balance!  Looking forward to improving in this area!  (1 min. each side)

- Lunge Row Hammer Curl (1 min. each side)

21 Day Fix Extreme, Dirty 30 Extreme, Home Fitness

Bonus Round

Of course!  When you have 3 minutes and 20 seconds remaining, why begin a cool down??  This bonus round is just 1 minute in length and you do not repeat it, thankfully!  I was in agony by the end as it was!  You are doing a Plank Crunch for 30 seconds on each size.  You use your lighter set of weights.
Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment