Saturday, November 8, 2014

Day 45 of 90 ChaLEAN Extreme/PiYo Hybrid - Day 420 Total

ChaLEAN Extreme, PiYo

Hello!  Welcome to my blog!  My name is Jeanette Paradis.  I am a Diamond Coach with Team Beachbody.  I am writing this entry to recap my progress as I am now halfway into my 90 Days of a ChaLEAN Extreme/PiYo hybrid schedule.  I was looking at the calendar this morning and did some math... Today is my own DAY 420 since having begun my health transformation back on September 16, 2013.  I began with ChaLEAN Extreme, Clean Eating, Shakeology while getting a solid start in a "Challenge Group" where my youngest sister Rachel was the coach.  I have been active in a challenge group EVERY day since and I believe that this has been a huge key to my own success.  A challenge group is a secret Facebook group where we encourage and equip one another while providing inspiration and accountability.  I became a coach myself in March 2014 and I so enjoy helping others as they make their own changes to become more healthy!

I did ChaLEAN Extreme my first five months and then moved on to the 21 Day Fix for four months.  Up next was PiYo for three months and then I started my current 90 Day Hybrid of ChaLEAN Extreme and PiYo.  So, what will be next for me?  Ummm.... I am going to be BRAVE and totally shift gears to Insanity Max 30 when it is released in December.  AAAHHHH!!!!  That is going to be a good challenge for me!  I will continue to push myself in my current workouts this coming month as I prepare to take the plunge with an extreme program!

ChaLEAN Extreme, PiYo, 21 Day Fix, Clean Eating, Shakeology

ChaLEAN Extreme is split into three phases that are each 30 days in length.  The phases are Burn, Push and Lean.  I am currently in the middle of Push.  Each phase involves three different days each week of lifting weights during workouts that average 32-35 minutes in length.  The Lean phase does have a longer day somewhere in there.  The tracker sheet pictured below is what I use to record the size of weight that I am using each time.  The + or = indicates whether I should keep that weight the same next week or if I am ready to bump up to the next size?  This morning I did a bit of digging and I pulled out my tracker sheet from when I began the Burn phase for the very first time back in September of 2013.  It was interesting to compare that to where I am this time around as I recently completed the Burn phase of September/October 2014.   

ChaLEAN Extreme, Burn Phase, Lifting Weights

On the days that are not my "lifting" days with ChaLEAN Extreme, I do one of the PiYo workouts.  This means three days of lifting each week and three or four days of flexibility and strength with PiYo.  I was SO hooked on how PiYo felt and the amazing results that I had while doing it over the summer that I was not ready to move beyond it just yet!  As an intrinsically klutzy person, I am blown away with how much my balance has improved through PiYo.  As a mom of two young kids, I am constantly up and down and put into all sorts of positions all day long.  I can now glide through so many things that used to feel awkward.  It is hard to describe but I love it!  See "Finding Balance through PiYo".

ChaLEAN Extreme, Burn Phase, Lifting Weights

So, what am I doing for my health when I am not working out?  My workouts only take 30 or so minutes of my day!  You may have heard that results are made up of 80% nutrition and 20% fitness.  Meaning that if we work out well but eat junk, we are not really going to go anywhere.  The converse is also true.  Even if you have something that keeps you from working out in a traditional manner, you can still become quite healthy and make big changes through eating clean!  I have a free 5 Day "Make the Most of Today" clean eating group beginning on Monday, November 10th.  You are invited to join me!  

Clean Eating, Free Group

Looking back to this most recent phase in my health transformation, I find quite a range that makes up my past 45 days!  Late September and the first half of October were tricky in my world.  More on that here.  As the past three weeks, I have been very aware and right back on track with my nutrition and am satisfied with my own efforts.  I have printed out my nutrition tracker sheets and have completed them each day of the past three weeks.  My jeans are no longer feeling snug and I am no longer feeling as though I had lost some ground for the first time since having begun nearly 14 months ago.  So today was interesting... I stepped on the scale for the first time in a while.  I am up a few pounds from where I had last measured progress on Day 370.  That was 50 days ago.  Remembering how first there were my three rough weeks of the year but the past three weeks have been spot-on, it could have been easy to become discouraged by the scale.  But let's take a look at a few other areas. My clothes are fitting the same as they did in mid-September.  We did my measurements this morning and it was interesting to compare with 50 days ago... everything was the SAME.  Except my thighs have actually lost an inch and my calves have lost a 1/2 inch.  So I am not going to let the scale discourage me!  I had three weeks where life was crazy.  Then three weeks where I have been right back on my game.  I am building more and more muscle and we know there is a discrepancy between the space/weight of muscle and fat.  Plus this also serves as a great reminder of how it takes time to get back to where you once were.  Sometime in the next few weeks I will be doing our 3-Day Refresh program for a great cleanse and boost as we move forward into this holiday season.  And there is something that I remind myself of often...       


Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

2 comments:

  1. Do you just do what Piyo workout that sounds good to you that day or did you create a specific hybrid schedule?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tanya! I would do my ChaLEAN Extreme weight-training days on MWF and then I would rotate through the PiYo workouts Sweat, Core, Sculpt, Buns and Intervals. Drench did not make much of an appearance, due to the length of that one! I have to say that PiYo Lower is a lighter workout that is just on the PiYo schedule during Weeks 1 and 2. I LOVE that one. It is still my most favorite stretching workout of all time! I would oftentimes pop that one in on a "rest" day. My own personal downfall with doing a hybrid was that sometimes I would do Lower in place of one of the more intense workouts and would then do it again on my assigned rest day. When I am following a definite program, I am absolutely likely to follow the prescribed plan and check it off each day. I also do better with my nutrition when I am in the mindset of following a specific program. That being said, my ChaLEAN Extreme/PiYo hybrid was the most enjoyable workout chapter that I have had yet! The best of both worlds!

      Are you doing either one of these programs right now? I do love both of them!

      Delete