Saturday, November 22, 2014

Change in Plans: Prepping for Insanity Max 30!

 21 Day Fix Meal Plan

Good morning!  Today is Saturday and that means some meal planning and setting my focus on my workout plan for the upcoming week.  It is time to change things up this week!  For the past two months I have been LOVING a hybrid of ChaLEAN Extreme and PiYo.  I lift weights three days per week and get the strength and flexibility training of PiYo on the other three or four days of the week.  Tomorrow will be my final workout of the 30 day "Push" phase of Chalean Extreme.  It has been a month of lifting heavy and doing just 8 slow reps before reaching "failure", resting 10 seconds and then adding in 3 more reps.  I can see and feel some exciting changes to my level of strength and my physique.
 
 ChaLEAN Extreme, Push Phase, Lifting Heavy

When I wake up feeling so tight from lifting the day before, PiYo is the PERFECT remedy!  I have been doing PiYo regularly for the past 5 months now and it is still a great challenge.  You can do this seemingly simple program long-term and will continue to plumb the depths of your own flexibility and strength!  This PiYo/ChaLEAN Extreme combo is one that I will certainly return to at some point in the future.

 PiYo, Flexibility, Strength

We are 10 days from the launch of Insanity Max 30 and I am ready to switch things up and go all-in with this intense program.  It is going to be more cardio than what I have been doing lately.  No doubt, lifting heavy and working through the challenging PiYo flows involve a cardio aspect!  My heart rate is up and I am sweating.  But in my mind it does not "feel" like cardio.  I know that a big part of my success with Max 30 is going to involve getting my thoughts in place so that I will have the stamina to push my body to "max out" as the program has been designed.  Traditional cardio is just not my go-to thing!

Insanity Max 30

As I continue on in my own health transformation and fitness journey, making this switch is a logical next step.  It is time!  As I think about beginning Max 30 on December 8th, I decided to put together my own workout schedule as I prepare these next two weeks.  Time to bring out the 21 Day Fix!  The Fix includes three focused cardio workouts and they are going to be in my weekly rotation.  I will continue with some PiYo as well.  :)  Side note: I am very thankful to own a variety of programs so that I can switch things up and pull from my collection along the way!  Insanity Max 30 will be a great complement to my ChaLEAN Extreme, 21 Day Fix and PiYo.  We have to continue to change things up and challenge ourselves in order to not plateau physically and mentally with our current workout program. 


I have been following the PiYo meal plan for the past 5 months.  Max 30 is designed in a way that you can incorporate the color-coded containers and categories that were created for the 21 Day Fix.  I had done 21 Day Fix meal planning March - June.  So as I sat down to put together a plan for the upcoming week, I decided to pull out a 21 Day Fix plan that I had used back in April.  I plug in my weekly workout plan at the top.  I just tweaked a few things and this one was ready to go for the week.  See that photo at the top of this blog entry.  I am also going to give myself a little "reality check" this week and will pull out my 21 Day Fix color-coded portion containers.  Time to make sure that I am still on track with how I have been eye-balling my portions.  I am going to pick up a few types of nuts and will pre-portion them into snack bags as part of my meal prep. Nuts are my weakness!  If I do not plan carefully with them, I will easily eat way too many of them!  70-80% of our results come from our nutrition rather than our exercise.  So the bottom line is that we have to "do our best" with our food choices if we really want to see progress!  The 21 Day Fix offers a fool-proof plan to help us figure out this entire area.  :)  I am thankful to have it is a part of my tool set.  Just let me know if anything that I have mentioned in this blog entry is of interest to you!  I would be glad to help you with reaching your own goals!

21 Day Fix Containers

No comments:

Post a Comment