Monday, June 2, 2014

Collages for Portfolio: Neat to Recap the Homeschooling Year!


I am working on our portfolio which we will be using during next week's meeting with a Homeschooling Evaluator.  From that point we will be submitting things to our local district as part of the requirement of the state of Pennsylvania.  This is my first year to put together a portfolio.  Kylee was in 1st Grade for 2013-14.  The good news is that I had kept detailed records of our efforts during this past year.  But I recently realized that my records were not quite in the format of what I needed for our evaluator and the state.  So I jumped in full-force this past Friday and have spent some time rearranging what I have to align with what is expected.  We now have a chart that is specific to attendance, a log of "free reading" materials, a record of books/resources use for study with descriptions of each plus a bonus log of our field trips.  I have pulled a few samples of Kylee's work from each of the eight required areas of study.  For some areas it was just as easy to put together a photo collage than to include only a written description.  We began with the photo collages on Sunday afternoon.  Kylee had LOTS of fun working on this with me!  We went to my FB "mobile uploads" album to look through photos from our school year.  Then we went to picmonkey to create our collages.  She was so into the photo placement, deciding on the border, text font and a few "stickers".  We finished up the Asbury Woods collage a few minutes ago and have now completed our photo illustrations.  I have to say that this was my favorite part of collecting items for our portfolio!  Here are a few of the highlights... 







No comments:

Post a Comment