Saturday, June 21, 2014

There is NO Magic Pill!

Hello Friends!  Tonight I am writing about something that has been on my mind lately.  Surprise, right?  I realize that this is how most of my blog entries begin!  Anyways, there is a saying that I hear often in Beachbody.  "There is no magic pill".  This is one of those summary statement sort of things.  Meaning, you are going to have to do the work!  For example, check out Bebe in the photo collage above!  

Bebe works full-time and is a mom of three children who are ages 23, 20 and 18.  Her youngest son just graduated from Cathedral Prep here in Erie.  She is five years post-early menopause and thought that it was just too late to change.  Bebe will be turning 50 this summer and decided to give all of this a shot!  Bebe found me through my dear friend Claire.  Claire was drinking her Shakeology one day when Bebe was in her home to provide speech therapy for Claire's daughter.  Bebe had noticed the changes that Claire had been making in her own life.  Claire was happy to share a sample and also told Bebe how much she was enjoying the 21 Day Fix workouts and being part of a challenge group.  Claire put us in touch via FB and the rest is history!  And since then Bebe has also sent other friends and family in my direction!  I loved reading the words of hers that are included in the collage above.  Bebe shared those words along with her progress photos earlier today.
 
One of the challengers in our Summer Challenge posted the above photo in our group the other day and it is just SO true!  These words have helped quite a few of us as we work to stay on track this week!  I remember back during Bebe's own week one.  She was having a hard time with changing her old evening snacking habits.  Her strategic approach was to "save" one of her fruit serving for the day and use it for enjoying some frozen blueberries during her evening routine.  This is what it is all about!  I saw her dedication and knew that she was going to be successful with this.  You can not just eat the random stuff that you have always eaten, workout out once a week and "add" Shakeology and expect to see results!  From time to time, those who have never tried Shakeology say "Isn't it some sort of gimmick?"  Nope!  Not at all!  Shakeology is a great boost of nutrition and is a meal replacement shake.  It is not a "protein shake" or a "weight loss shake".  For a list of ingredients and nutrition facts, click here
What I love about Shakeology is that it is convenient AND somehow manages to be my highest-quality meal of the day from a nutritional standpoint.  I began with Shakeology in September of 2013 and paired it with clean eating and daily Beachbody workouts while being an active participant in a challenge group.  Shakeology provided my body with the super-foods and dense nutrition that had previously been lacking.  I will NEVER forget the feeling of going that entire first month without eating a single doughnut, muffin, cookie, slice of pie, brownie, etc.  That was CRAZY to me.  And I knew that it was because something within me had physically changed. I had always been a sweets person and had never had a prior time in my life where I went for more than three days without some sort of sweet snack!  A college professor of mine used to say "When what you want is not what you need, you will never have enough".  I think that this applies to so many areas of life!  All of the times that I had the urge to just eat something (beyond munching due to boredom or stress!) my body was sending a signal that I was in need of something else. I just don't feel that way anymore!  Sure, there are certain times where a shadow of that feeling crops up but I have gained the tools that enable me to work constructively to stay on course.  Shakeology tastes great and I do look forward to it each day.  I know that it is an expense.  But it is replacing a meal and keeps me from stopping for other costly (and unhealthy!) convenience foods throughout the day.  All in all, it is a great value to me!  Twice within the past week a friend has seen me approaching from a distance and commented that they did not even recognize me!  One time I was wearing sunglasses... but I know that it is more than the sunglasses and I am thankful for this change.  I would love to help you or someone in your circle get started!    

No comments:

Post a Comment