Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Calories Burned 21 Day Fix

21 Day Fix, Calories Burned, Lower Fix, Weight Loss, Autumn Calabrese

Good morning and welcome to my blog!  Today's post FASCINATES me!!!  Every few months, I will do something like this with whatever fitness program I am doing at the time.  What can I say??  I enjoy an experiment!  Especially when it is not "messy" -- which would define most experiments that I do with my two kids!  I am more the "let's go outdoors and do something in the fresh air" sort of mom.  But I do love to bake and really enjoy connecting with my kids in the kitchen as we experiment with new clean eating recipes!  Check out my recipe section here for more ideas on that!

But back to today's topic!  Calories burned with the 21 Day Fix!!  For an overview of the program itself - look at this blog entry from back when I completed my own first round when this program was new in early 2014.  

When you are working your largest muscle groups (hello legs!) you are going to REALLY get your heart rate going even with simple movements.  Lower Fix is a SWEATY workout, as much and more so than any cardio that I do!  Including cardio of the caliber of Insanity Max 30 with Shaun T!  And here is the GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!  Looking at my calorie burn above - 354 is pretty great for a non-cardio 30 minute routine where you spend 1/3+ of it doing floor work.  I am good with a # like this.  BUT - 70 minutes later when I did NOTHING at all strenuous and my heart rate was 80's - 120???  How on earth did my calorie burn then hit a total of 716?!?!  SIMPLE.  Get yourself up and working hard for a little while and you are going to continue to see the benefits throughout your day.  YOU are worth this investment in yourself.  You have people in your life who need you.  Do this for yourself and for them.  Becoming more healthy does not take tons of time.  It just takes some effort with daily workouts and with clean eating choices.  I have seen the results of this first hand!!

weight loss, clean eating, home fitness, beachbody

This week is honestly the first time that I have returned to the original 21 Day Fix since July 2014!  I had done the Fix for 4+ months solid and then switched to PiYo when it was new, then a hybrid of PiYo and ChaLEAN Extreme, then Insanity Max 30 when it was new (12/14), Fix Extreme when it was new (2/15), PiYo, Max 30, Fix Extreme, Cize when it was new (7/15), back to my ALL-TIME-FAVORITE PiYo and next I will be doing Body Beast after this round of the Fix as I prepare for the December 2015 release of the Master's Hammer and Chisel which features Autumn of the 21 Day Fix and Sagi of Body Beast!

So, how is it being back to the Fix this week?  To be honest, I am LOVING it!!!!  The routines are ALL 30 minutes in length.  The week looks like this:

Monday - Total Body Cardio (weighted cardio!)
Tuesday - Upper Fix (weights)
Wednesday - Lower Fix (weights)
Thursday - Pilates Fix
Friday - Cardio Fix
Saturday - Dirty 30 (total body strength with weights!)
Sunday - Yoga Fix
Bonus: 10 Minute Abs to incorporate anytime!!
           "Plyo Fix" which is explosive movement - cardio with jump, jump, jump!

This is truly my most recommended program as it is super-adjustable to accommodate any fitness level.  For example, yesterday I was doing the "Transverse Twist" move from Upper Fix and noted this in my workout post on FB -

"It doesn't get easier. You get better."
This move shows the versatility of the 21 Day Fix! I am using 12's and do get rather low in my twists. You could use a lighter weight and not go as low. Or go heavier and lower! As she introduces the move, Autumn gives some handy tips on form. 

I am in the middle of putting together a challenge group where you can join up with me and others who are doing this program!  This all takes place in a "secret" FB group!  

I am on the lookout for a few more busy women who want to feel better through:

FUN 30 minute home workouts

Simple nutrition with "normal" foods

Savings on getting started

Daily support with me as your coach!

Is this you? Or someone close to you? I have "Fit for Fall" up and running and we are ready for you!

Why not take a chance on better health for yourself by joining me?
 

 
Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment