Thursday, July 23, 2015

Cize Overview + Meal Plan!!

Cize, Crazy 8's, Home Workouts

Here we are!  I have begun Shaun T's newest workout "Cize" and I have to admit that I am surprised that I am enjoying it!  When I first heard about this one, I was filled with a fair amount of dread.  After all, I have never been a dancer!  But Shaun T challenged that thought by saying how we say that we can't dance but the truth is that we have never tried.  BINGO!  That is me.  Time to set aside my own preconceived notions of myself and just give it my best.  Here was my other concern... I know that the program is effective, BUT what if my level of dance is sooooooo "remedial" that I can not burn a decent amount of calories due to my own limitations???  Would it still be a good workout if I am just kind of wandering through a mystery of attempted moves??  Oh my imagination does carry me away at times! 

Cize, Crazy 8's, Home Workouts, Calories Burned with Cize

SURPRISE!  I put on my Heart Rate/Calories Burned tracker for my Day 2 of Cize!  I did the 30 minute "Crazy 8's" routine plus the 8 minute abs.  Now, I know that I am sweating like CRAZY.  My heart rate held steady in the 140's once I was warmed up.  This is NOT a shabby calorie burn for something that truly feels like "fun" throughout the routine!  I can see why Beachbody has been using the tagline of "Cize: the end of exercise".  This does not feel like exercise!  I am learning something new and guess what else??  I am SORE from it.  Surprise #2 on that one, although I suppose it really shouldn't be a shocker.  We are talking Shaun T, after all!

Cize, Crazy 8's, Home Workouts

Today I returned to Crazy 8's for a third time and I am starting to get the hang of it!  I like the "Crisscross" move the most and "Row the Boat" is where I need the most work with following along with my own footwork!

** update added: today was my 4th Day with "Crazy 8's" and I was brave enough to ask my husband to film the last minute of it!  This is me being BRAVE - check it out here!  

Cize, Crazy 8's, Home Workouts, Shaun T

Cize includes the 7 routines here plus a bonus DVD.  In the future, Beachbody ON Demand will also be releasing FRESH Cize routines, so that is a nifty thought!  I still have a ways to go before I master everything here in the program!!  This program is low-impact, fun and allows you to really take it wherever YOU would like to go with it.  Some of my friends are incredible dancers and it is cool to see their Cize videos posted on FB and what all they are doing with it!  Others are more like me and many are somewhere in between!  Yet, it is working for all of us!  

I will be hosting a Cize test group which will begin our prep week on Monday, July 27th!  You are invited to join us!!  See application at the bottom of this blog entry!  The test groups are some of my own favorite challenge groups!  It is so exciting to tackle a new program together and the celebration of progress is so invigorating!

Cize, Shaun T, Home Workouts

The Cize nutrition guide incorporates the color coded portion control ratios that were first introduced during the 21 Day Fix!  The calorie calculator has you finding your container count based on whether you are above or below 150 pounds.  The guide has LOTS of great recipe ideas!  I am also working with the BRAND-NEW cookbook called "Fixate" and today we had so much fun meal planning while using both of these guides!  We took our snack outdoors and the kids found A LOT of recipes that we will be incorporating during the upcoming days, weeks and months!

Cize, Shaun T, Home Workouts, Clean Eating, Fixate, Cookbook

Once we had pulled some recipes, it was time to put everything together into a Cize Meal Plan.  I plotted out my workouts for the upcoming week, including two of my favorites from the 21 Day Fix Extreme.  This will be prep week in my test group and our official Day 1 will take place on August 3rd!

Cize, Shaun T, Home Workouts, Clean Eating, Fixate, Cookbook

Through clean eating, Shakeology and home fitness, I have lost nearly 60 pounds since when I began in September 2013.  I became a coach in March 2014 in order to share all of this with others!  My challenge groups are where it all comes together!  I hope to have you with us for Cize!  Let's talk soon!!
Cize, Shaun T, Home Workouts, Clean Eating, Fixate, Cookbook
Add caption
Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment