Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Results: PiYo Day 30!

PiYo, Challenge Groups

Here we are!  I am now halfway into my 60 Days with PiYo. Those who follow me on Facebook know how much I am enjoying this program!  These workouts are low-impact but still fairly high in intensity.  My bare feet are SO happy these days!  I wear my sneakers for just one of the nine workouts.  The interesting part is that the better you get at PiYo, the more intense it becomes for you!  I am still "feeling" my workouts each day. I am excited for the change that I can see in just 30 days of PiYo!  I admittedly did NOT have an ideal month from a nutritional standpoint. To be honest, there were just too many festivities where I strayed. Nothing ridiculous any one of those days. But when you add them all up... well, I am just happy to have not gained any weight this month!  My weight has remained steady since I completed the 3-Day Refresh four weeks ago.  I have lost 4.5 inches since starting PiYo and I am thankful for that!  I can tell a real difference in the area above my belly button.  It is becoming less "flubby".  I love that I am becoming more lean while also significantly increasing my balance and flexibility!!  Now I get the feeling of the term "PiYo strong".  I like it!!  I am ready for the next 30 days of PiYo. September 16th will mark my one year anniversary of this entire lifestyle change. I am determined to do my best these next five weeks.  I am planning to do the 3-Day Refresh a second time when I complete round one of PiYo in early September.

Chalean Extreme, 21 Day Fix, PiYo, Lose 50 Pounds
  
The images above are pretty crazy to see... I realize that!  I am sharing this in hopes that if you are reading this and are wondering if it is possible to really CHANGE and become more healthy when you may have tried before and failed... the answer is YES!  We can do this!  If you are thinking of a loved one who could really benefit from a shift like this, please feel free to refer them to me.  I really enjoy coaching and am seeing many times over that I am not the only one who is a success story of clean eating, Shakeology and daily workouts.  I am a work in progress and continue onward with this adventure!

I am having so much fun with my PiYo Challenge Group!  It is great to have the camaraderie and support of the other women there.  I asked a couple of them if I could share some of their results and perspective here on my blog?

Here is what we celebrated with a first-time challenger who shared this earlier today in our group: "I lost 12 total inches and 6 lbs."   (This makes me SMILE!!!!)

Another first-time challenger shared this on my FB wall yesterday.  This is a friend who was reluctant to begin and now has lost 9 inches this month and is inviting others to join us in an upcoming challenge group: "For the past four weeks, I have been working out at home with the PiYo DVD set with Chalene Johnson. I actually look forward to it because it's fun to feel stronger and more flexible every day! I love seeing and feeling the improvements. I've gained more energy and lost most sugar cravings with my daily dose of Shakeology for breakfast, followed up with clean eating all day. I am so thankful to my friend, Jeanette, for encouraging me (and challenging me) to do this. I really did not see this coming, haha!"

Last week I was so excited to tell my challenge group that I can now touch my heels to the ground if I am in a "warmed-up" downward dog!!!!  One of the girls there who has been in a couple of groups with me and was a serious gym person for the past several years shared this with us: "I have been doing down dog for three years now. It hasn't been till I started PiYo that my heels touch the ground."

Yesterday we added in a workout that was new to our rotation.  This was "Sculpt".  Sculpt is KILLER on your hamstrings and triceps!  Today was "Sweat".  This one has been part of the rotation since week one.  It was the most challenging one during week one and is still a challenge now!  I genuinely look forward to my daily workout!  I think that I may have become an addict?  It is my "me time".  Here is an idea of what PiYo Week 5 includes.  

PiYo, PiYo Week Five


No comments:

Post a Comment