Saturday, May 3, 2014

5 Hours of Abs!?!


Hello!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I had a moment to reflect the other day and was doing some math.  I do enjoy math.  What can I say?  Anyways, I was thinking about how I had made it through the entire month of April and stuck with my plan to incorporate the "10 Minute Ab Fix" into my workout routine each day.  Mentally I went through the good old, "30 days hath September, April, June and November..."  So, 30 days for April.  Times 10 minutes each day.  300 Minutes.  WAIT!  That adds up to 5 hours!?!  Craziness.  All at once I realized how this entire thing reminded me of a book that I had read a couple of months ago.  The Compound Effect is all about making small choices and taking action each day and how over time this will affect the course your life will take.  So true when it comes to fitness and nutrition!  For most of us we are not experiencing the drum-roll, unveiling, beyond belief sort of fanfare on a daily basis.  Rather it is when we walk away from munching on that cookie and grab a cup of tea instead that we will find that over time we DO change.  Each day as we get up and put on our sneakers after a less-then-perfect night's sleep we are making a choice to move one step closer to our goals.  One of my challenge groups recently marked their own 21st Day and I was so happy to hear these words from these dedicated individuals:


Today was a day for my husband to help me out by taking my measurements and new photos as I continue to chart my progress.  Below are my results for the month of April.  Here is the crazy part... I did Abs EVERY day this month and did not lose any inches from my waist during the month of April.  Our bodies sometimes just do not react in the ways that we expect!  But all other areas saw a decent decrease and for that I am thankful!  Plus my core is becoming much stronger and I just love feeling more flexible and balanced throughout my everyday life.  Progress continues!  My plan is to continue on with the 21 Day Fix until later in June when Chalene Johnson's newest workout PiYo is released (Check out this PiYo Preview).  When it comes time for me to conclude this phase with the Fix, I will begin PiYo and that will be the next time that I chart my progress with photos and measurements. 


If you are curious about the 21 Day Fix program, here is a Description and Review that I wrote after spending my own first three weeks with the 21 Day Fix.  Obviously this program has value beyond those first 21 Days!  When all is said and done, I will complete FOUR rounds (84 days!) of the Fix before moving onto Beachbody's newest release towards the end of June.  My next challenge group will begin on May 19th.  You are invited to join us!  If what you are doing right now is not bringing the results that you would like, why not make a change?  I'm here for you!   


No comments:

Post a Comment