Wednesday, March 25, 2015

That time when I had a bad attitude...


21 Day Fix Extreme, Upper Fix Extreme, Progress
Guess what?  I realized something today.  Well, I have kind of known it for a while but really put my finger on it today.  I quietly had a bad attitude about doing the 21 Day Fix Extreme.  Here's the thing... it was released on February 2nd, just two months after Insanity Max 30.  I had pushed myself waaayyyyyy out of my comfort zone and did Max 30 myself and was so surprised to fall in love with it and along the way I had some excellent results.  I have never done a program for "just" 60 days.  I had done each of my three prior programs for 3-5 months at a time.  I was curious to jump right into a second round of Max 30!  Or make a return to a completely opposite favorite - PiYo!  But the Fix Extreme was being released.  Many of the coaches on my team are pregnant or just had babies these past couple of months and not everyone was going to be able to do Fix Extreme themselves and we wanted to be able to do a test group and one of us coaches needed to be doing the program.  So of course I did it.  Begrudgingly, if I am honest with myself. 
I have given the workouts good effort these past five weeks.  This IS no doubt an excellent program.  I was NOT being precise with the nutrition, down to following the clearly defined plan to a T.  It is not within my current approach to life to just turn the opposite direction and begin eating poorly.  No interest in that!  But my ratios were off and some days I would have an extra "blue" (how I love nuts!!) rather than fitting in my last "green" (veggie).  It is when we follow the Fix nutrition that we make the significant progress!  THIS is how many people lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks. 

I have been in a holding pattern until just recently.  Not going backwards at all but not moving forwards either.  This week is Week 6 for me and I had initially "resigned" myself to commit to doing two rounds of the Fix Extreme before moving on to something else.  You may remember my birthday goal of dropping down to the next size of jeans??  My birthday is in 13 days and I am getting closer to those size 10's!  I am going to try them on tomorrow for a progress check!
Something about knowing that I am "almost done" with this program reignited me and I suddenly have a COMPLETELY different mindset this week... and guess what!?!?!!?
1) The scale is already moving since Sunday!  I could feel myself changing and had to take a look.  Down 2 pounds!  After holding steady for 5 weeks.
2) I am newly sore this week after not being noticeably sore since week 3!  I have upped my weights each day.  I am squatting and lunging more deeply.  I am giving utmost attention to my form.  Bottom line, I am enthusiastic about what I am doing. 

3) I am seeing change in how my clothes fit and how I feel in my own skin!  This actually began last week.  Maybe something about sticking with it that first month and hitting Week 5 and I seemed to flip a switch with my own progress!?
4) I have belatedly realized that I really and truly do like the Fix Extreme.  My begrudging attitude has shifted!  I am now SMILING throughout my workouts once again. 

You know what?  I am stubborn.  I admit it.  I am also one to "get a bee in my bonnet".  I didn't feel like doing the Fix Extreme and I let that simmer for a good four weeks.  I was still encouraging towards my challengers.  I still was consistent through my workouts and didn't skipMy nutrition was clean and nothing that I was unhappy with, although it was not "Fix-precise".  Autumn (Fix Creator/Trainer) oftentimes uses the term "dialed in" nutrition.  Throughout my life, that term will come to mind whenever I contemplate my choices!
So, now that I have reconciled myself to things and am *finally* truly having fun with this workout, Week 6 is NOT going to be it for me.  I am going to give this program at least one more week of me being truly "dialed in" with my everyday mindset, workout efforts and nutrition tracking!  I am quite excited to see where this will lead!
21 Day Fix Extreme, Pilates Extreme, Stretch, Flexibility

No comments:

Post a Comment