Monday, March 23, 2015

Mini Vegetable Egg Cups - 21 Day Fix Extreme Recipe

21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix, Clean Eating, Breakfast, Mini Vegetable Egg Cups

Hello!  Tonight's dinner came right from the 21 Day Fix Extreme Eating Plan Guide.  This one is simple to make and is a nice option for a make-ahead and reheat as needed breakfast!  I am going to list the recipe exactly as it appears from Beachbody.  Then below I will include below my own very minor modifications.  

Mini Vegetable Egg Cups 
       from the 21 Day Fix Extreme

Ingredients:
12 large eggs
sea salt
ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 bag (10 oz) baby spinach, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
Nonstick cooking spray
 
Preparation:
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add spinach, pepper, and onions to egg mixture; mix well.
3. Lightly coat a twelve cup muffin tin with spray.
4. Evenly pour egg mixture into muffin cups.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cups comes out clean.

So, what did I do just a bit differently on this one?

1) We are not big fans of green onions around here.  So I used 1/3 of a chopped Vidalia sweet onion in place of the green onion.   
2) I did not feel like chopping my fresh spinach.  And I did want to saute my pepper and onion.  So I placed all of the veggies in a skillet like you see in the photo at the top of this entry.  I cooked them on medium high for 5 or so minutes and then added the mixture to the eggs.

3) I did not need any sort of nonstick spray with this Pampered Chef nonstick muffin pan.  I did bake my egg cups for 23 minutes.  What can I say?  I would just rather have my eggs really done!  They were not dry at all.  

***  This recipe was a hit!  Whenever I make it again, I will add just a sprinkle of sharp cheddar cheese for some extra flavor.

21 Day Fix Extreme Calories Burned, Plyo Fix Extreme, Polar FT4, Meal Tracking 21 Day FIx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment