Monday, February 8, 2016

Cauliflower "Rice"


Hello!  Welcome to my blog!  My name is Jeanette.   I am a mom of two who enjoys horses, outdoor activities, friendship, coffee and the changing seasons here in northwestern PA.

In September 2013, I began taking steps to change my life by improving my health through clean eating, home fitness and being part of FB-based accountability groups!

I became a coach in March 2014 in order to share these things with others! It is an honor to work daily with those who are making personal progress as well as leading a team of coaches who are doing the same!

Looking back on the past two+ years, I am filled will a variety of emotions. I can't help but think... what if I had not taken a chance on myself?

I would still be 60 pounds heavier and likely more...

Rather than dropping to a size 10/12, I would probably still be in my 18/20 or higher.

My cholesterol and triglyceride levels were becoming a concern and who knows where they would have climbed without change?

And the thing that takes my breath away?? What would I have missed out on doing with my husband and kids these past two years because I did not have the energy, ability, confidence or desire to put myself out here and try it??

If you are interested in making your own changes or helping others to do the same, we should talk! I would be glad to help you in getting started with your own new chapter!

Now, for the Cauliflower Rice! 

First, all carbs are not bad! But some of us look for ways to trim down our number of carb servings. Personally, I aim for 2-3 per day and I look for quality grains such as sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice, oats, Ezekiel bread, potatoes, beans, etc. 

When possible, I do like to eat my grains earlier in the day to give my body more time to process them.

But sometimes you just want a grain with dinner! They do round out the plate nicely.

OR - how about a veggie "disguised" as a grain!

Tonight was our first time to try this approach with cauliflower. It was excellent and really quite easy!  I encourage you to give it a try!  You just might be surprised.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment