Thursday, June 4, 2015

Calories Burned with the 21 Day Fix Extreme!?!?

  21 Day Fix Extreme, Lower Fix Extreme, Home Workouts, Calories Burned

Hello!  Welcome to my blog!  Today has been an exciting day here!!  We have been a homeschooling family this year and yesterday was our 180th day of academics!  Hurray!!  That meant that today was (almost) the start of our summer.  We are now working on putting together our year-end portfolio as we prepare to meet with our evaluator next week.  SO, this meant that today was Day #1 that was pretty much FREE OF ROUTINE!!!  I like systems, I do.  But I get all claustrophobic when locked into one.  I would just rather see where the day leads, for the most part anyways!

I am a member of a fitness/clean eating accountability group via a "secret" FB group and I posted this there two hours ago...

Well, this is what happened.
I slept in. Didn't look at the clock for 3 hours this morning as we enjoyed being done with academics and worked on our portfolio amongst other things.
The kids spent as much time as they wanted at the library.
We walked around "Five Below" for the first time and found a few items.
Shopping for seasonal flowers and then spending 2 hours outdoors. 
Making dinner.
Going out to make all of our workbook copies of selected samples.
And now???
I still have to do Extreme Lower Fix! 
Oh man! Hold me to it!

I can tell you right now that if I was not a member of a group like this, I more than likely would have skipped my workout today!  
So, I pressed play on "Lower Fix Extreme" from the 21 Day Fix Extreme, as that is what was up on the schedule for today.  And from having done this program back in February and March and returning to it for the first time again this past Monday... well, I knew enough to know that this particular routine is HARDCORE.  It should mean something when Autumn (creator of the 21 Day Fix) calls it her favorite.  

21 Day Fix Extreme, Lower Fix Extreme, Calories Burned, Home Fitness
 
I was off and running and made it through the first round of exercises and halfway into the second when it was time to exit the basement and help my husband with getting our 6 and 8 year old off to bed.  But now I was committed and knew that I would return!

21 Day Fix Extreme, Lower Fix Extreme, Calories Burned, Home Fitness

Well, isn't this interesting??  For 20 minutes, all that I did was walk around part of the house and sit with the kids - yet I burned an additional 80 calories during that time??  Fantastic!!!  This is one MAJOR benefit of getting that heart rate up to a consistent upper 150's through lower body exercise.  The BURN continues!
21 Day Fix Extreme, Lower Fix Extreme, Calories Burned, Home Fitness

I made it!!!!  Hurray!!!  This is a 33 minute strength/plyometric workout and I did have that 20 minute pause while getting the kids off to bed.  So, to burn 467 calories and REALLY work my legs and hold 15 pound weights during half of the workout - to me, that is worth making time for this in my day.  We are worth the effort we put in to ourselves!

Shakeology

Earlier this evening we had breakfast for dinner - mine was a slice of Ezekiel toast, 2 scrambled eggs and diced bell peppers.  I knew that I would be very hungry by bedtime with the big calorie burn and exertion of Lower Fix Extreme.  So I blended up a bonus Shakeology for today and split it with my husband.  It hit the spot and kept me from randomly munching throughout the evening.  We have been loving this flavor and I blend it up with a few slices of banana and frozen raspberries, plus 4 ounces of almond milk, 9 ounces of water and 4 ice cubes.  YUM!  It tastes like SUMMER!

21 Day Fix Extreme, Lower Fix Extreme, Calories Burned, Home Fitness

Out of curiosity, I checked my calorie burn one more time.  Since finishing my workout 20 minutes prior, I had just been in the kitchen blending up my Shakeology and putting away a few things while checking FB.  So definitely no more physical exertion there, yet with having raised my heart rate during the workout itself, I burned another 90 calories post-workout while essentially doing nothing for 20 minutes.  Bonus, right??


Tomorrow will mark 11 years since the day my husband and I met.  I am incredibly thankful for him and am so glad to be able to say that I am currently in the best shape of my life as I enter my late-30's.  As a wife and mom, sister, daughter and granddaughter, my health is important to me!  Going from a size 18/20 to a 10/12 has been a great side benefit but the bigger boost comes from knowing that I am working to keep my heart healthy and I do this to honor those in my life.  I want to be able to keep up today and tomorrow with whatever life may bring! 

After beginning my own life change in September 2013, I became a coach in March 2014 in order to help others with clean eating and home fitness.  If you are interested in joining my upcoming accountability group, complete the form below!  I hope to see you there!
Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment