Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Solution for Migraines?!?!


Migraines, Shakeology, Clean Eating


Hello!  Thank you for stopping by my blog!  My name is Jeanette Paradis and I am writing this evening about migraine headaches.  I just put together a YouTube video with some of my own story and history with migraines.  After many years of dealing with these awful headaches, I am SO AMAZED, thankful and honestly thrilled to say that I have not had one in the past 14 months!  Seriously???  I know that this is awful, but I used to have 2-4 days a week where I would take 6-9 ibuprofen in order to attempt to keep a migraine at bay.  That worked most of the time, but not always!  Now, for the past 14 months, I have had 1-2 days a month (hormones!) where I take 2 ibuprofen and my headache is gone!  Here is a recap of my transformation as I reached the 1 year mark!

Something happened today which prompted me to write this blog entry... I am a health coach with Team Beachbody and I am a member of Melanie's Dream Team.  We have a coach group on Facebook and a fellow coach had posted there this morning, asking if anyone had experience with migraines and had overcome them while adding Shakeology?  She was asking for the sake of a family member who deals with them.  I of course commented with my own story.  Throughout the day today, more than a dozen other coaches from my team went on to comment with their own experiences of how their lives have changed now that they are free from the hold of the migraines!  CRAZY!  And INCREDIBLE!  As someone who knows the way migraines can ruin your day/week or whatever, I just had to share this via my blog.  I tagged the girls there and asked if I could share their stories?  I am going to paste in their words below!

I was saying this as I wrapped up the video posted above - please, please know that this is NOT some big sales pitch for a product!  I am also not publishing a scientific study here.  :)  What I did want to accomplish with writing this blog entry is to spread awareness of an alternate way to change our lives by ditching those nasty headaches!  Clean eating, drinking enough water, 30 minutes of daily exercise and Shakeology have been life-changing for me.  Shakeology is NOT just a "weight loss shake" or a "protein shake"!  It is dense nutrition filled with super-foods and it is a complete meal replacement that I happily drink each morning.  If you are dealing with migraines, this is worth exploring!  I am not saying that everyone who drinks Shakeology never suffers from a migraine.  That is just not true!  I am not a medical expert and therefore I am not making a blanket statement that this is the cure-all for anyone and everyone suffering from migraines!  We all know how complex the human body is and although we may share similar symptoms, the cause could be entirely different from one person to the next!  

So, this is not a general prescription for all of us!  Read these stories with an open heart and ponder what could be possible for you?  Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

"I used to have severe migraines. I had to take a daily medication trying to keep them at bay, and imitrex for the onset. I was still getting a migraine weekly so they were going to add shots on top of the meds. Since starting Shakeology in December of 2013, they became less frequent and less intense! I am happy to say that I no longer need any migraine meds! I didn't think that it was all due to Shakeology, but I missed my shakes for a week and then spent the next four days in bed with a heavy migraine. I will never miss my shakes again, lol. Now, I may have a headache one a month and Advil takes care of it nicely. It's great having a life again!" ~ Angela T

"I have always suffered from migraines, like weekly and have been down for the count. Since I have started Shakeology, I have had like 2 or 3 (since April).  And my eating has always been good, so I totally attribute it to Shakeology." ~ Jaime G

"I have suffered from migraines for years!! They got worse after my assault about 4 years ago I had to take nortryptiline 3 times daily and would still end up in the hospital at least once a month I wasn't really sure how much the Shakeology helped until I took a break from it!! Needless to say I'm back on Shakeology for the last couple of months and I have had NO migraines!!! If I don't do my shakes every day I definitely can tell!!!" ~ Sarah T

"My doc is talking about taking me off my migraine med, topomax, at my next visit because of Shakeology!!" ~ Tara H

"I used to have really bad migraines daily and since I started Shakeology I hardly have any." ~ Erica B

"I am...scratch that...I was a severe migraine sufferer. Like 2-4/week since the age of 16, and I'm 33 now. I had to take preventative meds daily and onset meds which really just made the migraine weaker, but never reduced frequency. I've been drinking shakeO since July 1st. Within 2 weeks I could feel the difference. By August 1st I stopped all migraine meds and I have only had one migraine since August...which I attribute to using too heavy of weights in an upper body combat workout since I could feel it stemming from my neck. ShakeO is a life changer for me without a doubt." ~ Kristalyn T  

"I'm living proof!!! I started Shakeology and clean eating in April and haven't had a migraine since then!!!!! They use to try every medication with me and next up was Botox which I opted not to do. I had them bad for 2-3 days at a time and would lose peripheral vision and vomit. Little did I know this magic happened. Now I no longer struggle thanks to Shakeology!!" 
 
"I was on Nortriptyline for migraines and I just stopped taking it a few weeks ago and feel so much better off of it. I still got one around my period but over all I FEEL SOOOO MUCH better since Shakeology!"

"In April 2005 I had a head injury in the military. I have TBI (traumatic Brain injury). Since starting Shakeology I have had no migraines. I did run out of Shakeo and had a migraine."

"I was taking RX meds 2-3 times a week for mine. Started taking Shakeology and in 4 months I think I've used it twice. Migraines are gone." 

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog entry!  Feel free to share it with a friend or family member who suffers from migraines.  We have options on methods of attacking those dreaded headaches.  :)  And you could find yourself feeling better than ever along the way! 


No comments:

Post a Comment