Sunday, October 25, 2015

Crock-Pot Apple Crisp

clean eating, apple crisp, crock-pot dessert, apples

Hello!  Welcome to my kitchen!  My name is Jeanette and I am a wife and mom of two kids who are in grades K and 3rd.  

Fall is a favorite season of mine and this is my own first Apple Crisp of the year! 
 
I have been making Apple Crisp since I was a teen and my family had a bunch of apple trees...

I never thought to try it in the crock-pot?!?!

But last week I was part of a 5 Day Clean Eating Crock-Pot recipe group hosted by coaches from the Team that I lead through Beachbody.  We shared 14 recipes there and this one is from my friend Amy Pietrowski and I was so excited to give it a try!  

Yum.... I LOVE the way this all cooked so evenly in the crock-pot!  The aroma was incredible, as was the anticipation here this afternoon.  :)

I have a large crock-pot and we do not mind leftovers, so I made a double batch today!  I had faith in Amy plus there were rave reviews on this recipe as some from our FB group had been making it throughout the week!  This one is a keeper and I am pleased to be able to share it here with you!


Amy's Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
 
Ingredients:
6 cups apples, peeled and diced
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup coconut palm sugar
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
Dash of sea salt
4 Tbsp butter or 3 Tbsp coconut oil


** I added in 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts sprinkled on top!

Directions:
1) Spread the apples in the slow cooker and toss in the lemon juice, then coat in a mixture of 1/4 cup coconut sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.

2) In a separate bowl, mix the flour, oats, remaining coconut sugar, spices, and salt. Cut in butter or coconut oil until it forms coarse crumbs.
3) Sprinkle this over the apples.
4) Set your slow cooker to low and cook for 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment