Tuesday, January 12, 2016

On the Bit? Communion Time Reflection...

Hello!  Welcome to my blog!  This is a place where I oftentimes share clean eating recipes and health-related perspectives.  But not today!  Today is one of my "journal" type of entries.  :)  My name is Jeanette and I live in Erie, PA.  I have been a horse person most of my life and you know what?  God speaks to us where we are at - especially when we are actively seeking to hear from Him.  The bulk of this blog entry is actually a story of mine via video - check out the thought that was impressed upon me during communion reflection time at church this past Sunday...

on the bit, life reflections, horses, bible

Hopefully in combination with my video story, this image helps you to picture the difference of "being on the bit" or not!

As I was pondering all of this Sunday - that question that came to mind during communion reflections - "Are you on the bit?" was heavy on my heart all day.  The past two weeks, I have spent a lot of time thinking about 2015 and where I have been and 2016 and where I am headed.  This relates to so many areas of my life and the varying roles that I play!  

So then I was scrolling facebook late Sunday night and was praying a prayer of surrender - committing myself to the Lord to trust and obey this new year.  And guess what??  What popped up in my newsfeed?????  The following illustration which was posted by a friend!  Coincidence?  Probably not.  Confirmation - yep!  God is faithful.  He reaches out to us.

on the bit, life reflections, horses, bible



No comments:

Post a Comment