Saturday, August 1, 2015

Fixate Creamy Chicken Salad w/Honey Mustard Dressing

Fixate, Clean Eating, Chicken Salad, Summer Salad

I am having such a good time with my new Fixate cookbook!!  This is a recent release from Team Beachbody and it is an excellent addition to my kitchen!  The recipes are all clean eating and are aligned with the 21 Day Fix nutrition guide.  But even if you are not doing the Fix, this cookbook is still a very handy tool!

Summer has *finally* really arrived here in Erie, PA and we are loving this weather!!  It has been a bit warm for cooking most recent days!  Rotisserie chicken is a go-to for my family.  So when I saw this chicken salad recipe to go with it, I thought, "perfect"!  I have made other clean eating chicken salads and they have been a little bit "too Greek yogurt" based for my taste.  I am happy to report that this one is not that way at all!  It is light and the honey mustard taste is unique and quite delicious!  My family is already requesting it again!

Creamy Chicken Salad w/Honey Mustard Dressing

Serves 4 and you will have plenty of dressing to spare!
 
The color coded portion control container count is 2 green, 1 red, 1/2 purple, 1/2 blue and 1/2 orange.

 Ingredients:
  • 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken breast (boneless / skinless)
  • 1/2 cup chopped green apple
  • 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • 2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
  • 1/4 cup Honey Mustard Dressing (see below)
  • 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
Directions:
  1. Combine chicken, apple, grapes, almonds, green onions, tarragon, and Honey Mustard Salad Dressing in a large bowl.  Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
  2. Serve 1 1/4 cup Creamy Chicken Salad over 2 cups of romaine lettuce per serving.   
Honey Mustard Dressing:
** Serves 8 with 2 Tbsp per serving
** 1 Orange Container
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat plain Greek yogurt
  • 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard, gluten-free
  • 3 Tbsp raw honey
  • 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • Sea Salt to taste (optional) 
Directions: Combine yogurt, mustard, honey, and vinegar in a medium bowl and mix well. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly until well blended.   
 
*** My family is not fond of green onions and I wasn't so sure about tarragon for them. So we skipped the green onion and just used parsley as our herb.  The kids had selected green grapes at the grocery store so we used them rather than red.  And I always like to toss some baby spinach in with my romaine base.  Other than that, we followed everything else with this recipe and the leftover dressing has been in use as well! 
 
Fixate, Clean Eating, Chicken Salad, Summer Salad
 

3 comments: